Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Quick Question with lip install

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick Question with lip install

Hey guys I was thinking about picking up the Voltex lip or the Varis one and I've heard that you can install it without taking off the front bumper then front vendors they say you have to take off the front bumper.

So for you people who have installed lips on your Evo yourself what did you guys do?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is so much easier if you take off the front bumper. The bumper itself it only held on at eight points with bolts, clips, etc. Takes me about 10mins to remove the bumper. Save yourself the discomfort and remove it. :-)
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
most of the time I take mine on/off without taking the bumper cover off. The last time though, I had the bumper cover off to mess with the headlights so I took care of it then. It is easier to put the lip on or take it off with the bumper cover off, but then you have to add the work of taking the bumper cover off. There are only a couple screws that are difficult to get to for the lip if you do it with the bumper cover on. You also need to be able to lift your car high enough to get under it. If you have an undertray, you will also have to mess with that... enjoy! I recommend replacing the undertray screws with quarter-turn captive fasteners. That is what I am looking into...