Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How long did it take you to find your evo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long did it take you to find your evo?

So I sold my corvette zo6 and now I'm hunting for my evolution ix. I've been searching and searching up to 1000 miles from where I'm located to find a black or white evo. I really want a low mileage tarmac black SE, but I can't seem to find one. I can't find a white gsr either that hasn't been beat to hell with low mileage. I'm looking to buy one in the low 20,000 mile range. I have found two cars I'm interested in, but one of them has had like 3 owners and the other one is waiting for their title to come in the mail. I'm going to pass on the one with 3 owners even though it has low mileage. I thought I found one, but I ended up wasting about $900 in travel to find an evo with engine oil/coolant all over the block...

How long did you guys wait? I've read before somewhere that a guy waiting for a couple of months to find his.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
not very long.... cars.com - or autotrader. same day.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I was looking for a Black IX with the SSL package

took me about 6 months.

John-
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Took me about 2 months. I had almost given up after checking cars.com and autotrader at least twice a day during that timespan. I finally found a Blue Evo VIII, which was exactly what I wanted, on Craigslist of all places.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

16 months I'm picky

wanted an 8, sunroof, low miles.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

I actually found mine about a month before I was ready to pull the trigger (on my IX). Luckily it stuck around until I was ready to trade in my Evo X. But I had been looking for about 2 weeks prior to that...sorting through the poorly modded IXs.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

About 1 week. Wonders of buying new.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow you got rid of your evo X why was that?? Also i waited about 1 year as i did own a yellow evo for like 2 days then the dealer sold it from under me and i had to search all over again. LOL i put a downpayment down but did not know when i was going to get off work to fly down to St. Louis they were like forget this and gave me my money back when a local buyer came in and bought it. Then there like we can get you one just hang tight after that gangster mess i was like naw ill find another dealer found a toyota dealer in Philly that got a bby one in as trade and did not know anything about it sold it under cost to me for flying down there and taking it off there hands. i mean way under cost at the time.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

took about 2 months to find mine. i really wanted a GG 9 but also liked the white too. searched everywhere possible online and all of the dealerships i could find in the area and was about to stop searching for a bit and try to save more $$ thinking that a X would be my best beat when my hubby found it - posted by a private seller in the morning, and purchased it that afternoon! he was the second owner and the car only had 1800 miles on it so naturally i couldn't pass it up
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Took me about a month to find a good one in my price range. I wanted a white or blue IX, and I ended up having to fly from Michigan to New York to get one.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
wow you got rid of your evo X why was that??
Long...long story. Bottom line...I got a lemon.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:26 PM

I'm still looking but in the mean time I am saving money and seeing what exactly is out there. I'm really nervous about checking 500+ miles out of town in that i have really no good evidence whether or not to fly out just based on what they tell me and what I see in pictures. Anyone ever traveled just to be let down?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

I searched for at least 5 days before finding exactly the car I wanted in my price range.

stock or lightly modded Electric Blue IX with <30K miles for +<$20K within a day's drive.

Drove 3 hours, had the deal done in 5 hours and limped it back home (boost control issue that was resolved for <$300)
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoAfterCollege
I'm still looking but in the mean time I am saving money and seeing what exactly is out there. I'm really nervous about checking 500+ miles out of town in that i have really no good evidence whether or not to fly out just based on what they tell me and what I see in pictures. Anyone ever traveled just to be let down?
Yes, I blew 900 bucks in travel. I told the guy I'm flying down and he texted me back saying "You won't be disappointed." Well when I inspected the car and saw oil/coolant all over the engine block, I told him I was not going to buy this car. He tried to get me to buy it, but I wouldn't.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SavEVOIX
About 1 week. Wonders of buying new.
I wish I could have afforded it at the time.

Quick Reply: How long did it take you to find your evo?