Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wet carpet on driver side F & R

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wet carpet on driver side F & R

It's been raining here for the past 2 days off and on all day for the most part and today I noticed I had a little moisture on my windshield so i start looking around and my driver side front and rear carpet is wet but the passenger side is completely dry. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I searched for a bit and I've only found a similar issue on the front passenger side. I do not have any boost controller or gauges at all btw.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

i had a waterleak similar to this a few years back after taking the evo up to the mountains and driving in the snow...check the rubber grommet down behind the drivers kick panel under the dash thats a good place where water likes to sneak in from the fender wells...also if that turns up dry check all your weather seals around your doors...GL
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

check our section I posted a link for you
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

ok thanks alot bro
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboTim06
i had a waterleak similar to this a few years back after taking the evo up to the mountains and driving in the snow...check the rubber grommet down behind the drivers kick panel under the dash thats a good place where water likes to sneak in from the fender wells...also if that turns up dry check all your weather seals around your doors...GL
hopefully its the grommet , im gonna check it out in the morning and see what I find
Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

well I figured out what it was after thinking hard about what the stealership said they did to the car before I bought it. They had to replace the hood latch release cable because it was broken the day i went to look at the car. So i look up past the driver side kick panel and voila I see that the grommet is just sittin there inside the ****in car. So I had to take part of the fender well lining out so I could properly install the **** , then I poured a cup of water down the windshield to make sure it was good to go. Man I'm so pissed these idiots forgot to put it back , now my car smells like straight stripper ******* and ***. Guess I'll be heading to the store to get some febreeze and I hope this gets the smell out.