Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so if evodaves not doing lights anymore, whos next in line?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2010, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so if evodaves not doing lights anymore, whos next in line?

im trying to find someway to contact him or someone else with as high quality as he offers...

ive been waiting for some time on a response, but havent seen any activity from him

at first i thought it was him blowing me off bc he may have thought that i was just another window shopper when i didnt get back to him with my lights but i was deployed to iraq before i could send my lights to him

Old Apr 18, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

I want my lights done as well.. Evodave never got bck to me.. bump for a new face
Old Apr 18, 2010, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

i got my lights done by him, believe me it took some time and a lot of bugging pms, but he did my tails and headlights, and it was worth the wait he did a excellent job, it saved me a lot of money, i say just keep pming him and make sure you have another car for about 3 weeks lol, oh and I was deployed at the time so It really didn't matter how long it took him, I just got my dad to ship them to him
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave did my headlights in 03-04 and they still look great! Bump for Dave!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 01:58 AM

I do believe EVODAVE is still doing head light and tail light mods. Last I read was that he was pretty backed up for a while, may be the reason behind him not responding to your PM's.

A little OT, but where are you in Iraq? I'm currently in Afghanistan, almost done!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

thanks guys well i hope he gets back to me but if not ill go another route....

im in northern iraq, thats good man stay safe its pretty nasty over there
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

Where in Afghanistan are you? i just got back. I was in bala murghab. Western Province of afghanistan up by the turkmenistan border.

When i pm'd evodave it took him like a good month or two to get back to me. dont worry, he'll get back to you. he's just really backed up right now.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

I got EvoDave VII replicas for sale or trade for Evo 9 tails (PM me). EvoDave does very nice work and there may not be many around anymore.

Last edited by Evo9tunerz; Apr 19, 2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

I heard he retired. J/k...
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He gets a ton of messages a day, so it may just take a little time to get back to you.

If anyone is looking for EVO VIII Tail Lights to have modified, maybe eliminate down time from sending them in and having them done, PM me because I have a pair of mint VIII tail lights for sale.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

I got the EVO DAVE treatment back in november. Worth the wait? eh? Do they look sweet? hell yeah. From what I gather, this is a one man operation. With all the praise he gets on these forums its probably difficult to keep up with the volume of inquires/ that come in to coordinating the shippment of lights to his facility and actually keeping the customers in the loop.

From my experience, if Dave doesn't get bak to you for about a week this is somehow normal. I know as a customer you would like to be updated on whats goin on with YOUR parts, but some how the updates are minimal. Dave had my lights for a total of 2 1/2 weeks. Is this typical I don't know,but it was around thanksgiving so I'll give him a little credit. After asking for more money twice I finally got my lights back.
Long story short to answer the OP CiNcity seams to be doing a good job.
http://www.cincitydesigns.com/index....d=22&Itemid=19
If you want to have DAVE like quality, just open the housing by baking it and instead of using cheap rattle can paint get a shop to spray your light housing with quality temp paint. Reassemble them and ensure a good seal so you don't have leaks.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

I don't like to talk down other people's work, but I agree with Chris77064. I got my headlights done by Dave. The paint work was good, though one of the headlights was 100% sealed and leaked. The customer service... not so good.

Additionally, I did them as a core exchange (because my cars is a DD and I can't not have headlights)... one of the headlights I received back from Dave had a leak. He was definitely willing to fix it, but he is clearly not set up for core exchanges... the process and back and forth was so frustrating that I ended up paying to get the headlight resealed at a local body shop. Have had no issues since. Without raking this thread through the mud, I will leave it at that.

I'd give these guys a shot... http://www.lightwerkz.net/
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evo Dave is now a vendor on the site, so he is definitely still doing lights. I'd give him time as everyone else stated if you really want them done by him or attempt it yourself, shouldn't be too hard.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:39 AM

SmikeEvo edit: NO.

Last edited by Smike; Apr 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Please contact Dave, if you cannot reach him in a responsible about of time please PM a SuperMod or Admin. We want out vendors to be top notch just as much as you all.

OP - thread closed. Please follow up with my note above.