Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Seibon Vs. VIS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seibon Vs. VIS

When it comes to OEM style carbon fiber hoods..are the Seibon hoods really much/any better the VIS racing ones??
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
si lol well i really dont know i just know that my stock hood is lighter than CF...
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:26 AM

Yaa..i know. I was trying to get a hold of an MR hood.. it's rough. Def more expensive after paint too..Theres one on ebay slightly damaged. The dude told me to email him with my addy and he'd get me a shipping quote. He don't wanna ship it..
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

True stock hoods ftw..

Both Seibon and VIS are on the same page.. No need to fight over which one is which..

People can argue this all day. Seibon his hyped up more then VIS but there both just as good and have the same flaws
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:01 AM

I've always loved my Seibon products on previous cars. VIS never really did it for me. Just my $.02
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
viz all day for sure. but to be honest one should just strip them both down removing all the clear coat and have it redone no problems after that
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
A friend of mind has a Seibon lip, he had to cut it up for it to fit properly so just beware
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

i have a seibon hood and the finish is awfull. I will never buy seibon again!
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
an "MR hood?" all EVO hoods are the same. find another stock hood, and repaint it. asking which is better out of VIS and Seibon is like asking which is better, ****, or Crap. they both suck. They both weigh as much as the stocker, or more, finish WILL turn yellow/peel/crack. I had a seibon hood and trunk on my EVO, and a VIS on my honda accord. I'm back to the stock trunk and hood, and couldn't be happier. don't waste your money. you're just ensuring a future headache.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

If you want a lighter than stock hood I know Seibon has the Dry carbon hood, thats if your willing to spend the extra dough on it.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
an "MR hood?" all EVO hoods are the same. find another stock hood, and repaint it. asking which is better out of VIS and Seibon is like asking which is better, ****, or Crap. they both suck. They both weigh as much as the stocker, or more, finish WILL turn yellow/peel/crack. I had a seibon hood and trunk on my EVO, and a VIS on my honda accord. I'm back to the stock trunk and hood, and couldn't be happier. don't waste your money. you're just ensuring a future headache.
+1, all evo hoods are the same, carbon hoods sometimes dont fit well, have imperfect weaves and dimples, usually require hood latches (more $ and hassle), dont weigh much less than stock if at all, and the coating can peel, crack, and yellow. you would have to fork out alot more money to get a great quality product, seibon and vis are entry level.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

id beware of seibon.. fitment is craptastic
Old Apr 19, 2010, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

I have seen a seibon hood right out of their box in person and fitment wasn't good. Flaws in the weave and fitment issues on their other products (front lip) I seen for myself on the EVO X.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I have a Seibon on the EVO and had a VIS on my old Integra. Seibon fittment on my car is 100% perfect, as is the weave, as is its lack of discoloring after 2 years

Must have got lucky

I can't say the same for the VIS I had on my Integra. I had it recleared a year later and then it was fine for the rest of it's life.

I have a thing for CF
Old Apr 20, 2010, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by wasFWDnowAWD
+1, all evo hoods are the same, carbon hoods sometimes dont fit well, have imperfect weaves and dimples, usually require hood latches (more $ and hassle), dont weigh much less than stock if at all, and the coating can peel, crack, and yellow. you would have to fork out alot more money to get a great quality product, seibon and vis are entry level.
chop my legs off and burn down my house if im wrong but aren't MR hoods aluminum and non-MR hoods steel?!

I bought the Seibon...they're $525 shipped if you call the number in the ebay auction instead of buying it on ebay.. 562-695-1165

Decent price for a piece of **** i guess

I'm going to put some heat shielding on the underneath to help delay the yellowing. My last hood was starting to yellow right above the manifold..

I don't understand what type of hood I used to have....Its just like the Seibon VS-II style hood but it has the Spirit of Competition logo under the clearcoat like a Ralliart hood..did the ralliarts come out with that style first and Seibon just copied it and called it VS-II or somethin??

Quick Reply: Seibon Vs. VIS