Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

IAC help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IAC help

So I am changing my IAC today because my car idles sporadically and I just wanted to know whether there is anything I need to do anything adjustment wise or any spefic way of installation or is it just straight forward.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Straight forward, just make sure the new one has the o-ring. It should be pretty obvious if the old one is bad. It should either be missing the o-ring, or when you unscrew it (3 screws) and leave it connected to the electrical plug and then turn the car to ON (do not crank it) the little motor should move in and out clicking constantly while searching for the right position. If it doesn't move, it's dead, if it moves but has no o-ring, get an o-ring, if it moves and has an o-ring you might have other issues.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^What he said...I've done it twice already and that's the way to do it.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 05blue8
Straight forward, just make sure the new one has the o-ring. It should be pretty obvious if the old one is bad. It should either be missing the o-ring, or when you unscrew it (3 screws) and leave it connected to the electrical plug and then turn the car to ON (do not crank it) the little motor should move in and out clicking constantly while searching for the right position. If it doesn't move, it's dead, if it moves but has no o-ring, get an o-ring, if it moves and has an o-ring you might have other issues.
Mine just went bad but when I plugged in the new one it didn't move and click as you described. The new one did fix my problem though.