Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Championship of Guyana and Suriname - 67/65 vs Gt42

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok will clean, that is my good friend's car

The modifications are

2003 JDM Evo VII
FP HTA35 - 60mm turbo
Slow Boy 2.3 L short block
Driven Innovations intake
Bomba T/B
AMS Fmic
1200 injectors
Dual Walbros w/ twin relay - Buschur Mini Battery Kit
AEM EMS from Evo IX
SparkTech cdi

Al tuned it tonight on Q16 and made 560 TQ and 618 whp with a nice curve.

Sadly the air intake temps were rising to nearly 170 degrees so we could not make any more power. This car is in line for a larger core fmic in the near future. In the tropical climate a fmic is really put to the test, we are very impressed with the Pruven Giant Race core fmic - amazing fit and quality.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:48 AM

We are so happy with Al's tuning that we are gooing to keep him here for an extra day to try and retune as many cars as possible - he is the man. We could not be more happy with the results.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 09:37 AM

Update - the sun is up the race is on for 2:00 est

Big Al is calling out the Red Gt42 Evo in the first round with the Silver JDM Evo VII 618 whp HTA 35 he tuned last night - if the Red Car wins then I will face him in the next round

There are many fast cars here also from Suriname including a Typhoon with LS1 motor and 400 shot nos etc

It should be a great day

Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:17 PM

Round 1 was a draw - or chall we say a contested draw?

First off Big Al raced in Strech's HTA35 powered Evo VII JDM against the AWD Typoon with LT1 and 400 shot NOS and Big Al spanked the Typhoon so badly that the Typhoon from Suriname decided to tuck his tail between his legs and go home

The big event with my car vs. the red evo went off with the first run I apparently jumped the start and beat the red car and the second pass the red car seemed to jump the start so the event was a tie with each car winning one pass.

Given that it was so hott out and the day was so late I was too tired to continue racing and we all went to New Thriving Restaurant for Big Al's favorite steamed chicken and mixed vegitables.

In the next day or two we plan to meet the red car again to settle the score, in the meantime its nice to know that my car drove to and from the track and was very reliable and ran perfectly with Al's great tuning and really met and exceeded all my expectations.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:42 PM

Some pictures of the race today

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

First off congrats on your power accomplishments your car should be a blast to drive your car spins too much tire when leaving the line hence the red car walks around you quiet easily it actually makes it look like the red car left first

However I am really disappointed in you Ernesto in saying that it was a tie because a tie would indicate no winner where Randall was awarded the first place trophy after the motorsports president reviewed the tape of the races, you also said there were only two races.

In Guyana you promoted this as Machines Gone Wild vs Dynoflash and your tuner Big Al even said if he looses to the red evo he would bring his car to Guyana and if that one looses as well he would build one to beat us , well tell him we are waiting patiently.

I think it would be only fair to post up true results of the races and be a sportsman as your post about a tie came several hours after the winner was cleaning off his first place trophy. We first heard of the winner from one of your good friend and partner who blackberry us and said the red car beat the white car again

OK vids two races will be up soon and below are some pics of the winner receiving the first place trophy and the winning car

Last edited by tuning g; Apr 29, 2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:21 AM

Great pics and well prepared cars.... looks to me like the Red car was declared the winner.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i love me an evo7
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

nice....vids should be nice
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Well its a drop hand style start but pretty cool
its like pinks just more hardcore
Old Apr 29, 2010, 06:17 PM

Beautiful car man. Happy to see some nice Evo's in South America. I will be down in Guyana in a few months, what part are you from?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tuning g

Always 2 sides to a story. Glad to hear your side. The pic says it all.

I think I might have to visit GT for one of these races
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it looks like i might have to go there as well. i cant wait to go to trinidad and see the scene there!
Old May 1, 2010, 10:03 AM

Tuning g the trophy was awarded to the red evo because there was suppose to be a 3rd race but before the 3rd race was decleared i was already in the process of putting in back my seats and sub woofers in my daily street car.
I never did promote the drag as "machines gone wild vs dynoflash" as i know to myself the red car is very hard to beat besides the unlimited resorces they have behind it. For me its all business, i get to enjoy myself while i get some business before and after it.
My tires does not get traction until i get half way 3rd gear.. no one to blame just that i refuse to spend more on the car to prove a point.
At the end of it all i think both cars are good match up.. its all about the launching. Bottom line is the car is the most enjoyable thing to be driving everyday.
Old May 4, 2010, 10:50 PM

jus saw the vid on youtube those are some fast cars

Here is part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m88Ru...eature=related

And part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKN3N4kgt5I

For those who haven't seen the vids as yet

Last edited by most wanted; May 5, 2010 at 10:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Evo Championship of Guyana and Suriname - 67/65 vs Gt42