Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Championship of Guyana and Suriname - 67/65 vs Gt42

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is another vid for you guys to enjoy with the spectators cheering on there racers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvlUWpDXspU
Old May 5, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Sick. ONe more race should have gone down...many frustrating jump starts on both camps.

All in good fun.
Old May 5, 2010, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i was just watching your video big al made. sick car
Old May 5, 2010, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats on the car, glad you are liking everything and how the car came out!

Looked to me like a BUNCH of false starts on both parts. One for the white car and one for the red car. The white car looked like it had more top end on that first full run they did.

You guys should order a portable Christmas tree for down there to use. I've got on in our showroom.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:26 PM

First of all - congratulations to everyone, BOTH teams for being ready on time, having their cars run and working against huge odds to build some amazing cars. In my travels the hobbiests who try and build fast Evos and Subarus in strange lands always impress the heck out of me for their dedication and determination. First off the cars are about double the price there and all the parts are subject to a duty or tarrif to import and huge fed ex shipment costs. Parts aree about 2 - 3 times the cost here.

Despite these odds and the lack of many local resources which we often take for granted these two teams put it together and made it to the race with two running cars.

Second, the main event was rained out and these races occured on about an hours notice - thats how fast the news spreads down there that so many people made it out to watch

http://www.stabroeknews.com/2010/spo...rag-race-meet/

http://www.stabroeknews.com/2010/spo...g-racing-meet/

Third - I was the only racer who was undefeated that day - having beat the Typhoon two times and the white Evo one time - thats 3 wins - (myself driving a Silver Evo you can see in the video) Also, I challenged the Red Evo to a race and waited at the line for them to come - (they never did) and I waited at the line for a long time till the Typhoon finally came. For some unkown reason I was not given the throphy.

Finally, although the throphy was awarded to the Red car, I would suggest that the white car and its supporters did not concur and agree that Red car was the winner and clearly objected

I have to leave the final determination of who won to everyone watching the video and I would say simply that its a shame that the two cars could not have run again against each other to settle the situation in a more difininative manner. I can easily see how the owner of the white car became frustrated and was exahusted after so many false starts and abuse on the clutches and tires launching over and over and over again

Again, kudos and props to both teams for overcomming big odds and problems to be ready to race and for making such great cars

I am very glad I was able to be there to watch the race as it was a great experience

I suggest that Buschur makes the DSM Shootout an arm drop event this year. LOL
Old May 6, 2010, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Arm drop racing at the shootout!? These guys couldn't leave on an arm drop once, can you imagine arm dropping 300 cars and the restarts? haha, it would be a month long event.
Old May 6, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dangerous...arm dropping :O
Old May 6, 2010, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

red car jumped... should have been another race
Old May 7, 2010, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

fawaka brada's, this is no race, buy a portatree and do it over. No winner here.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:14 PM

The funny part was I tried to suggest "Bronx Rules" at the outset which would have prevented all this disagreement but they rejected my proposal saying "we aingt in the Bronx, we're in Guyana, we'll use Guyana rules" I guess Guyana rules dont work so well.

Al
Old May 9, 2010, 07:43 PM

I guess Guyana rules dont work so well.

Al[/quote] Or work at all
Old May 9, 2010, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Man it sounded like them fools was about to kill each other! You got ***** Al for going out there by yourself! next time bring some hommies and have them shot the vid for you while you do your thing. but all in all I am dam sure you had a blast there!

I vote for a Rematch!

They both jumped the gun but but I favor the 7 more because he/Al drove it out there banged with them and drove that shyt home! Its just to dam hard to tell when 2 monsters duke it out on the street with out "track lights" so a rematch on a proper track can bring this to an end. GL guys!
Old May 12, 2010, 10:57 PM

I think its shameful that you need a full blown drag car with gutted out interior and needs a trailer to race a street car with audio and AC. Even if the red car wins its not a match to talk about is more like a handicap race. We are seeing the video from tuning g from the finish line when the red won but where is the video where the white won??

Those guys there needs to get the lights and quit jumping the line every race. I am still all out for the white evo....

PS why dont the red car go race some funny cars that does 5sec
Old May 13, 2010, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

very nice gl with it bro
Old May 13, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

The red car looks better prepared with huge slicks on. The white car was gaining on him at the end. With a proper start my money's on the white car.
I like that it drove to and from the meet.

The false starts make me want to punch something.

Quick Reply: Evo Championship of Guyana and Suriname - 67/65 vs Gt42