Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ProSport Gauges - Need Opinions on Color

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got 3 Prosport Amber/White Premium 60mm Gauges. I love them all. I got Boost and Oil Pressure initially. The AFR gauge that Prosport sells does not log so it's your call really.

I just wanted a third gauge to match in my cluster so I took the cheap way out and got Oil Temperature. You could get EGT, which seems to be a more common gauge that people get. But I would only worry about that if you're OCD like me and want the three gauges to match.

Otherwise, I'd recommend saving and getting a wideband O2 if you plan on tuning
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rayman0690
I got 3 Prosport Amber/White Premium 60mm Gauges. I love them all. I got Boost and Oil Pressure initially. The AFR gauge that Prosport sells does not log so it's your call really.

I just wanted a third gauge to match in my cluster so I took the cheap way out and got Oil Temperature. You could get EGT, which seems to be a more common gauge that people get. But I would only worry about that if you're OCD like me and want the three gauges to match.

Otherwise, I'd recommend saving and getting a wideband O2 if you plan on tuning
Should I get my ProSport gauges before a tune?

Also, which millimeter gauges fit where the radio sits? Is that 60mm or 52mm??

I want to make sure I order the correct size...lol
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by marylandevo8
Should I get my ProSport gauges before a tune?

Also, which millimeter gauges fit where the radio sits? Is that 60mm or 52mm??

I want to make sure I order the correct size...lol
Do you have the stock MR gauges or something in your car? The most common size of gauges is the 52mm.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bobster22388
Do you have the stock MR gauges or something in your car? The most common size of gauges is the 52mm.
Nope, when I bought the car, it came with the tri-pod Glowshift gauges...I don't like them so I'm getting ProSport. My brother has 3 ProSport Gauges set up where the stock radio should be but his radio moved to the bottom of that pillar.

I assume his Gauges are 60mm since they def. look bigger than the stock MR Gauges? I might need to measure to make sure.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Nope, when I bought the car, it came with the tri-pod Glowshift gauges...I don't like them so I'm getting ProSport. My brother has 3 ProSport Gauges set up where the stock radio should be but his radio moved to the bottom of that pillar.

I assume his Gauges are 52mm? I might need to measure to make sure.
I'd measure to make sure, its almost hard to tell just by looking at them. I had glowshift gauges and I hated them, could barely even see them at night. I moved my radio to the bottom and got the 3 gauge cluster piece where my radio was now.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

I'd measure to make sure, its almost hard to tell just by looking at them. I had glowshift gauges and I hated them, could barely even see them at night. I moved my radio to the bottom and got the 3 gauge cluster piece where my radio was now.
Yeah the glowshift gauges look way too cheap to be on my car. I hate them.

Would you know where I can get the 3 gauge cluster piece on the arm of the car between the steering wheel and the driver-side door?

The color of my 3 gauge cluster piece is grey and I def. want it to be black...Maybe it would be easier if I just spray painted it black? IDK...lol. What do ya think?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah the glowshift gauges look way too cheap to be on my car. I hate them.

Would you know where I can get the 3 gauge cluster piece on the arm of the car between the steering wheel and the driver-side door?

The color of my 3 gauge cluster piece is grey and I def. want it to be black...Maybe it would be easier if I just spray painted it black? IDK...lol. What do ya think?
I actually have a 3 gauge A-pillar gauge pod if you want to pick it up from me. I'll let it go for $20
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

I actually have a 3 gauge A-pillar gauge pod if you want to pick it up from me. I'll let it go for $20
As long as it's black and it fits whichever size my brother's ProSport Gauges are then sure.

If the ProSport Gauges are too big, then I will need to do like you did and move my radio down and get a straight pod and place the gauges where my radio currently sits.

I'll get the measurements of the Gauges today and let you know Bob
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

You'll need the 52mm for the gauge pod. They offer 60mm gauge pods but they looked ruhtarded. Also, no worries on the amber/white combo. They are very bright and easy to read in both color modes. I'm very happy with mine so far.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

i went with white/ amber and wired it up to have white while the lights are off during the day and amber at night to match interior better.. looks really good heres a pic of amber

also i plan to sell it only because it only goes up to 30lbs

Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Darkn3s
i went with white/ amber and wired it up to have white while the lights are off during the day and amber at night to match interior better.. looks really good heres a pic of amber

also i plan to sell it only because it only goes up to 30lbs

How much boost you plan on getting to? lol I figured 30 lbs. would be a great deal Also, DD?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by black95tt
You'll need the 52mm for the gauge pod. They offer 60mm gauge pods but they looked ruhtarded. Also, no worries on the amber/white combo. They are very bright and easy to read in both color modes. I'm very happy with mine so far.
Thank you buddy! It mucho appreciated!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

As long as it's black and it fits whichever size my brother's ProSport Gauges are then sure.

If the ProSport Gauges are too big, then I will need to do like you did and move my radio down and get a straight pod and place the gauges where my radio currently sits.

I'll get the measurements of the Gauges today and let you know Bob
Yup, it's black, and holds the 52mm gauges. I really hated having that part of my view blocked so that's why I took mine off and got the center gauge piece.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Yup, it's black, and holds the 52mm gauges. I really hated having that part of my view blocked so that's why I took mine off and got the center gauge piece.
How much is the center gauge piece and where can you order it from?

Only reason I ask, isn't our cars more susceptible to being broken into when the gauges are in plain sight like that versus being semi-hidden (lets say at night) where the radio sits?

I guess I'm not trying to attract a lot of attention with them...Sorry for tossing back and forth on decisions here but I'm just curious...Cops probably will notice it too and that's never a good thing....

I'm just trying to exercise all options here
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

How much is the center gauge piece and where can you order it from?

Only reason I ask, isn't our cars more susceptible to being broken into when the gauges are in plain sight like that versus being semi-hidden (lets say at night) where the radio sits?

I guess I'm not trying to attract a lot of attention with them...Sorry for tossing back and forth on decisions here but I'm just curious...Cops probably will notice it too and that's never a good thing....

I'm just trying to exercise all options here
I paid like $90 or something like that from Gruppe-s for mine, it fits great in there, I know cops noticed mine whether they said anything or not.

Quick Reply: ProSport Gauges - Need Opinions on Color