Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rebuilding a 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz
I don't know about you but 60 mph is painful for me on the highway. The difference is greater at 80-90.
+1
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thedru13
This always sparks an argument. I had to get my 6sp rebuilt. I could not get TRE to call me back. So after talking to Shep it was goingto them. I ran into some issue and called Ivey. He was a huge help so I pulled my trans and he rebuilt it for me. I dropped it off ao aves myself some shipping cost.

I am excited to see if shep comes out with a solution. There ate other shops that rebuild the 6sp. I think dogbox does them as well. Thing is I don't think any of them like doing the 6sp. I kept mine for the same reason as I like the 6sp. My evo is my daily so I prefer a 6sp.
I actually called shep trans almost 2 years ago when my fist 6 speed destroyed the fourth gear and he told me he doesnt touch 6 speeds. It broke very violently and it was like hitting a huge speed bump, the transmission case actually cracked in several places and it was leaking diaqueen everywhere. The part that gets me is that I was just cruising and gave it just a slight bit of gas to get up over a hill and it just broke for no apperent reason.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 04:53 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SavEVOIX
stock for stock the MR is faster on the track. So why would it be any different?
What track?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
What track?
Probably a road track considering the EVO was never really built for drag racing.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:56 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
Probably a road track considering the EVO was never really built for drag racing.
Umm...I wasn't referring to drag racing. I was asking which track, because the circuit, itself, is the greater determinate. Bluntly stating an alternate conclusion is just ignorant, clearly pointing to the poster as a nonparticipant in similar endeavors. You'll have to forgive me for not sticking my tongue out.

Last edited by FJF; Apr 30, 2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Shoot them an email. They were doing 6Speeds as of last year. Its just a rebuild.. They dont' do any upgrade. That is supposedly coming down the pike. but who knows when.

Originally Posted by 06mr775
I actually called shep trans almost 2 years ago when my fist 6 speed destroyed the fourth gear and he told me he doesnt touch 6 speeds. It broke very violently and it was like hitting a huge speed bump, the transmission case actually cracked in several places and it was leaking diaqueen everywhere. The part that gets me is that I was just cruising and gave it just a slight bit of gas to get up over a hill and it just broke for no apperent reason.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
Umm...I wasn't referring to drag racing. I was asking which track, because the circuit, itself, is the greater determinate. Bluntly stating an alternate conclusion is just ignorant, and clearly points to the poster as a nonparticipant in similar endeavors. You'll have to forgive me for not sticking my tongue out.
Perhaps you should be more clear next time. That way people don't have to guess you intentions. I would agree that a track would determine which would yield better results as does weight, suspension setup, driver and power. Try not to come off as a *** next time.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:22 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
Perhaps you should be more clear next time. That way people don't have to guess you intentions. I would agree that a track would determine which would yield better results as does weight, suspension setup, driver and power. Try not to come off as a *** next time.
You're right. You tried making a snide comment, it didn't work out for you, and now it's my fault.

Last edited by FJF; Apr 30, 2010 at 08:58 AM.