Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Possibly smoked the clutch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CDeclipse
Thanks for the responses guys! I will look into the clutch restrictor a bit. Most likely I'm going to lay down some money for a better aftermarket clutch. I drove my car around a bit more during lunch and still did not smell any clutch inside, but I did pop the hook and am getting some lingering scent there. I really want to hit the drag strip with some of my friends to get a base before I put on a couple of mods, but as this is my daily driver, I'm going to be safe and just pass on it till I replace the clutch.
My clutch went at 22,000mi - 2,000mi after I bought the car. Stock clutches are weak and you will know if its slipping when the rpm's start shooting up and the car isnt accelerating. You are making enough power right now to cause it to slip under heavy load. Buying drivetrain stuff sucks because you don't think of it as a power adder (plus its expensive), but don't go cheap. Nothing is worse than dumping money into power adding mods and then not being able to shift quickly or even get that power to the wheels.

Good luck and start saving up for an Exedy HD twin disk .
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would take it easy on the clutch and see if it gets better in a few days, if not you know what to do