Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Drove a 750 WHP Evo today... Wow!

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO

The OP already has a Red so it is only 750 for him to upgrade to a Black. Robert is now doing upgrades.

OP: I think going to the Black would be your best choice. You can get 650/600 on a built motor on 34-36psi daily if you have a good setup. No need in spending so much money when you can have the same power for 750 with better spool...

Mikey
The Black is just not enough power up here at hight altitude. I want power past 7k RPM's, that why I'm going big! I'll sale my setup and only be a 1000-1500 out of pocket for a lot more power then the Black can put out with a wider power band.
Old May 5, 2010, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dambikeracer
The Black is just not enough power up here at hight altitude. I want power past 7k RPM's, that why I'm going big! I'll sale my setup and only be a 1000-1500 out of pocket for a lot more power then the Black can put out with a wider power band.
Agreed. I keep forgetting you are at high alt. Sorry

Mikey
Old May 6, 2010, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jasnm21
And DB's Bad Bish is what sold me on the hta86 and only BR parts. That and the fact that he tells everyone when something happens and doesn't hold anything back.

With a 1.19 CF you are around the 625 range and that is good at this altitude with "low" boost, 35psi. There is one in Abq that made 69x at 30psi with a 4088 and a CF or 1.22, IIRC. He broke his transmission, then I hear he broke again, and again. He hasn't been heard from in 2 years. Another one made 720ish with the same hta86, he supposedly ran a 10.2 with no proof and broke. He has a 2.3l. I haven't heard anything about him in about a year either. Everyone in Abq thinks that an Evo with any kind of high hp can't and doesn't last longer than a few months. I want to prove them wrong and you seem to have proven them wrong. Another thing is we don't have a "good" shop here. You guys have Tobz and Jacks transmissions. I am thinking about moving back up there because of that lol
Buschur parts are definitely the way to go!! i made that decision back in '03 when i got my evo and til this day have no regrets. David has been a huge help to the evo community and the best part is that he wont sell you a part that are not worth it.

Ive heard about the 2nd evo you listed in Abq, saw a video of it going down that track and then what seemed like it hit the wall and engine caught on fire. there were never any updates to that thread or an official story. i believe the guy posts on here sometimes under dancarroll or something.

I would definitely recommend going up to Denver to Tobz, he is definitely the man!! very knowledgable and knows what he is doing and definitely let him tune it, the guy is a genius!! Heck, im from new mexico as well and i take my car up there to him lol as for shops in Abq, i dont know too much about them but for smaller work, i like Speedlab, Brody over there is definitely a cool guy.

To the OP, sorry for the offtopic, but i would definitely recommend going with a t3 set up. as ive learned over the years, you will always be hungry for more power lol