Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP! Car won't start!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Car won't start!

Hey guys,

I went to leave work last night and I couldn't get the car to start. It first ran for about f seconds and then died. From then on I couldn't get it to start. I'm thiking it might be either a bad alternator, fuel pump, or possibly crank position sensor. I have AEM EMS and a walbro fuel pump. Normally with the EMS when you turn the igntion to ON, it makes this 'start-up' electrical type sound. Now, it still makes that sound but erradically and doesn't stop doing it. Very strange. Does this sound like a fuel pump ssue or alternator maybe? I hope I made everything clear. Let me know if I can be more specific. I would appreciate any help. Thanks guys.

fred
Old May 11, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

sounds fuel related IMO. you need to do some diagnostics. maybe get a friend or family member to help you. if you don't think you can figure it out look for a good mechanic. any experienced mechanic should know the procedure for diagnosing your problem. good luck!
Old May 11, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a similar issue, and (for me) it was a wire on the fuel pump, and also had a bad coil pack...

GL
Old May 11, 2010, 06:39 PM

When this happened to me one time, the ecm plug wasn't fully locked in on my EMS and worked its way out out over time. check the connection on your ems to be sure all plugs are fully pushed in before digging deep in diagnostics.