Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

solid dealer info me hopes(?)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2002, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
solid dealer info me hopes(?)

i thought i might start my own thread with this info, tho i already posted it.. i thought it might be pertenant, and i didn't want it to get lost in the bottom of that other thread... so here's what i'd posted::

i emailed my local mitsu dealer... one that was on the list for accepting deposits, and the VP of the dealer personally wrote me back with a lot of info... he also sent me a 32 page brochure, which, i dunno if it's the actual manufaturer's brochure or what... but here's what he said:

"unfortunately Mitsubishi is beeing more than secretive about content, availability and pricing regarding the EVO.
but here goes what we believe to the best of our knowledge:

Nationally 5000 expected to be imported divide that by 850 dealers = 5.8 per dealership. we expect to earn 6-10 lancers for 03
the Evo will be named the evo VIII, and will be a sterilized evo VII lefthand drive eropean spec vehicle with us crash and emission standards. The car has been promised to be "Under 30,000" however that is a vehicle with out the lauded and debated ACD-active center differential, and AYC-active yawl controll. Horsepower is rumored to be 260 plus...............witha few mods easily pushing 300 and that is a vehicle witha gross vehicle weight around 3000 lbs-- so if your in one- hold on tight!"

also, one of the actual dealer dealers sent me this :

"We have very limited information on the Evolution, however I do know that we will be getting the Evo VIII not the Evo VII. The difference will be a 6-speed transmission and active center differential there may be more changes but I will not know for sure for a
month or so. The price is expected to be under $32,000 exact prices may come soon. As to the amount of Evo's to be released the latest figure suggest 8,000 total in the U.S.
We are taking $3,000 deposits on Evo's the first three are sold those should arrive in December or January our next shipment is expected in March or April."

so yea, there's what i have. when i get home, i'll put up the .pdf on the my webpage so you can all peruse it. hope this helps. seems to be more solid info than some people have been getting... but... could be more rumors.

-jeff
Old Jun 13, 2002, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Re: solid dealer info me hopes(?)

The difference will be a 6-speed transmission and active center differential there may be more changes but I will not know for sure for a
month or so.
What do you mean by the "difference 6-speed transmission and active center differential"? Are both dealers saying no ACD or is the information from the 2 dealers conflicting?

Also in ""Under 30,000" however that is a vehicle with out the lauded and debated ACD-active center differential, and AYC-active yawl controll" did he mention that these items may be an option to push price over $30k or just no active stuff at all?

Thanks for the post.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Re: solid dealer info me hopes(?)

Originally posted by 1stinline

Are both dealers saying no ACD or is the information from the 2 dealers conflicting?

the second quote is a dealer from the vp's dealership. (the vp did the first quote)...

i think it was implied that the AYC and all that business is going to be an option to get the price up.
i'm not really gonna get hopping mad if they are options, cause think of the people that might not give a flying f00k if they have differential for gravel... or, if i was always gonna have the car in florida, why would i need one for snow. ya know? anyways, yea.
i pasted 98% of the emails i got... so what you see is all i see minus personal stuff related only to me. (address, pay info etc)
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:01 PM

"unfortunately Mitsubishi is beeing more than secretive about content, availability and pricing regarding the EVO.
but here goes what we believe to the best of our knowledge:

Nationally 5000 expected to be imported divide that by 850 dealers = 5.8 per dealership. we expect to earn 6-10 lancers for 03
the Evo will be named the evo VIII, and will be a sterilized evo VII lefthand drive eropean spec vehicle with us crash and emission standards. The car has been promised to be "Under 30,000" however that is a vehicle with out the lauded and debated ACD-active center differential, and AYC-active yawl controll. Horsepower is rumored to be 260 plus...............witha few mods easily pushing 300 and that is a vehicle witha gross vehicle weight around 3000 lbs-- so if your in one- hold on tight!"

This guy has some pretty poor grammar to be a VP of a dealership. Not saying it's not true, but makes you wonder. Also, I can't believe anybody associated with a dealership would talk about modifying cars to obtain 300 horsepower.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

shoo. how fuggin elite would i be to be rollin in december in wisconsin snow with my acd set for snow ... don't wanna wait till march or april. bleh
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:45 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Was it this document: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/PDF-E/evo7.pdf (I'm sure it was ) If it was, tell the dealer to get some NEW info.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

he he
sho nuff was that same thing
takes forever to load a 1.7 meg pdf. even here at work.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Re: solid dealer info me hopes(?)

Originally posted by perfdrug
850 dealers...not by my count.

http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/t4407.html
Old Jun 14, 2002, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

from the looks of that thread, i should get depositing
there's only 3 deposits down in the milwaukee one, and they told me they're expecting 8+...
who knows on exact numbers.
for all we know, the evo8 could do some wierd 3 wheel technology, turn from the back wheels, or shoot green smoke when someone turns it on.
there's as much solid info out there as i have hot women under my desk right now
Old Jun 14, 2002, 01:07 AM

my dealer is only getting 2 and i am #1 on the list, which means i get to pick the color between the two
Old Jun 14, 2002, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

got some more info from the VP of the place...
i asked him what the deal on deposit would be if i wanted to lease (which i do) so that's explained, as well as why mitsubishi is bein so shady. here's what he had to say
::
"the deposit is to hold your spot, and is non refundable. In the case of leasing, if you sign an agrement with us with only 1500 down, for example we would refund the remainder to you at delivery. the other gentilmen are all purchasing or paying cash- not really an issue. If you don't wish to reserve your spot, it will continue to be first come first served at MSRP ( a price increace is expected 4-6 months from introduction), and since we will not be able to trade these cars you will have to wait. Thats the most I can tell you.
Re: the Mits meeting, yes we will see and sit in the vehicle for the first time.....however we will still not have technical specs or pricing released till dealer ordering august-oct time frame. This is to try and give Subaru as little to go on.........sorry.!"

::
so yea. i dunno what else to ask the guy. i'm not gonna push my luck.
hope that can tide you fellas over for a bit longer.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

so next i call up a more local place, the place i'd prefer to do my business... (they weren't on the list for accepting deposits tho) and the guy told me march were the first shipments
i'm gonna stop trying to pretend i have the slightest idea on anything.
i referred to my convo with the VP and he was perplexed, cause he was "positive" they weren't out till spring (meaning march).
wtf
Old Jun 14, 2002, 06:14 AM

Sunroof??

On page 17 there isn't a sunroof. Thats crappy I want my sunroof like my eclipse. Oh well still, getting one.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 11:05 AM

We're talking about the EVO VII or the EVO VIII?

If its the VIII, people that put deposits for the new EVO release in US doesn't even know what the car looks like.
Old Jun 18, 2002, 01:55 AM
Evolving Member

it's the 8
and i think that's official from the looks of other people's posts about talking to their dealer.

i just wonder if any dealerships will get old lhd models to sell used. (like evo 5 or 6)
that would be so tite.