Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Evo Under repair....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2003, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Yep always some drivers with not respect for others, why do you think there are so many accidents especially in NJ. zTargetz that is pretty strage. I'll probably be posting more pictures next week, because the body shop is waiting on parts, then it'll take another week.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
true about jerz. someone knee'd in my rear passenger side door at the mall on my old car.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Going to the body shop to day to check the progress hopefully I'll have it back by Friday...
Old Nov 19, 2003, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, Just got back from the bodyshop. Wow its looking great! Of course my camara battery died but, I'm charging the batterys and then going back around 4est today. The guy working on it said the rust was crazy by the frame, and was pretty bad for a new car. I got the car in begining of may and was away with the military all summer until end of august. So i only drove the car for about 5 months in total. He was shocked with the rust damage and he said good thing we caught it here becuase it would have rusted away the whole end of the frame and the piece behind the actual bumper. Could have caused some serious damage down the line so i would highly advise you to get yours fixed.

They told me It will be ready monday late night or tuesday morning. So it will be about 2 weeks and a day when its all finished hopefully.

I'll Be posting pictures in a few hours... check back...
Old Nov 19, 2003, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had to put my car in the shop yesterday after three weeks since my accident. (damn insurrance company) well anyways ill be without her for over a week. i have to have a whole new door and front quarter. it sucks so much being without a car. i feel sorry for you about your hit and run. i was hit by a drunk lady and i saw it happen and told her that she hit me and all she said was "shouldnt have parked there" and ran off. if i ever find her again she is going to be hurting bad.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Hey just got back from the Body Shop enjoy the new pictures... It's looking good... also no more rust problem. The guy told me its rusting there because water is getting behind the actual bumper and seeping though to the frame rail area which is not protected by any paint and is left raw So hes going to put some primor and some paint on it so nothing happens. But I highly recomend you get this problem fixed since I've seen it on every Evo that had the bumper removed. I'll have some more pictures maybe tomorrow I'll take one after the primor goes on.

Last edited by Evo11V; Nov 19, 2003 at 03:16 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Bump so you can see the process...
Old Nov 26, 2003, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by zTargeTz
edit: i'll be parting it out soon
I'd be very interested in the wheels! I need a set for the track to mount true R-compounds.

I'll also need another set for snows.

Emre