Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

No more chevron...

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ummmmmmmmm.... chevron is not going out of buisness. trust me i know. they may be closing some gas stations in your area, but no, they are not going out of buisness.
Old May 22, 2010, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
I'm about to have to burst everyone's bubble in here....

But here goes...

Sorry to break it to you, but EVERY GAS STATION IN YOUR TOWN USES THE EXACT SAME GAS. They ALL GET IT FROM THE SAME TERMINALS.

I've also heard this many times.

Here in NJ and NEPA is very different station to station. If I put Velero, Delta, LucOil, Hess, Exxon 93 in. They all have a much lower knock threshold then the Shells and Sunoco's I visit

I don't know if it's addatives, ethanol content or what but knock cel let's me know.
Old May 22, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I've also heard this many times.

Here in NJ and NEPA is very different station to station. If I put Velero, Delta, LucOil, Hess, Exxon 93 in. They all have a much lower knock threshold then the Shells and Sunoco's I visit

I don't know if it's addatives, ethanol content or what but knock cel let's me know.
it's most likely the additives and/or ethanol content. or they may receive their shipments from a different place than those other particular stations, but it's not directly from Shell or Sunoco, it's still from a pool of many other gas stations.
Old May 22, 2010, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the first I've heard of Chevron closing any stations, but I don't think any are closing in my area.
Old May 22, 2010, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

But here goes...

Sorry to break it to you, but EVERY GAS STATION IN YOUR TOWN USES THE EXACT SAME GAS. They ALL GET IT FROM THE SAME TERMINALS.

The only difference is what grade the stations buy, what additives they put in it once it gets there, and possibly the condition of the storage tanks/equipment at the individual gas station. It's all the same gas though. I worked for Citgo Petroleum in Lake Charles, LA, the 4th largest in the nation, as a cheif process operator for 3 and a half years before taking a job with Chevron Phillips Chemical. At our terminals we'd ship gas to every gas station in the city. Conoco did the same, and do did the other refineries. All the gas gets pooled together. It's all the same thing. When you buy gas at a Chevron station, you are not buying gas directly from Chevron.
This is correct! I researched and this is what i came up with. BUT, although the same gas, some additives can cause knock etc. My tuning session was curtailed due to my choosing the incorrect gas

Also, after a quick google search, it's not that Chevron is going out of business at all. They most likely CLOSING A REFINERY and few retail stations...that is COMPLETELY different. OP, do research before you post information like this.
Old May 22, 2010, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

SOB I didnt know they are going out of business, I guess I will be using Shell.
Old May 22, 2010, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
SOB I didnt know they are going out of business, I guess I will be using Shell.
did you even check to see if what he said was correct?
Old May 22, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
internet rumors are hilarious. THEY ARE NOT GOING OUT OF BUISNESS! i know from fact. they are probably pulling a couple of stations from the dudes area. BP is more in danger of closing than chevron EVER would be. they are a west coast company, so the midwest and east coast see less of them out there. i've never seen a sunoco in california. they must be going out of buisness! lol. intrenets rumorzzzz are teh dum azzez.
Old May 22, 2010, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

What kind of tard just makes up a thread claiming one of the largest gas companies in the WORLD is going out of business, without corroboration, links or any type of evidence?
Old May 22, 2010, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

i go to chevron all the time. but if there goin out of bis. then i will go to shell.
Old May 22, 2010, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostless
did you even check to see if what he said was correct?
I am currently looking for something solid online and will most likely ask the local Chevrons in my area about this.
Old May 22, 2010, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fittest
What kind of tard just makes up a thread claiming one of the largest gas companies in the WORLD is going out of business, without corroboration, links or any type of evidence?
I love when people like you provide no useful information whatsoever and just want to make yourself feel bigger by putting other people down, thanks for the input! Seven local chevrons closed and i saw on the new they were going under, so I guess I should have grilled the news station on if it was true or not. I was just trying to get input from people who I thought had the same passion as I did. I thought a fourm was for gathering information, and or clarifying information you had so maybe I should have been more clear. All the chevrons around me are no longer, and i would like to know what type of fuel other evo owners use? If that is too much to ask please don't post, and keep your smart a** remarks to yourself, thank you.
Old May 22, 2010, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Smile

But here goes...

The only difference is what grade the stations buy, what additives they put in it once it gets there, and possibly the condition of the storage tanks/equipment at the individual gas station. It's all the same gas though. I worked for Citgo Petroleum in Lake Charles, LA, the 4th largest in the nation, as a cheif process operator for 3 and a half years before taking a job with Chevron Phillips Chemical. At our terminals we'd ship gas to every gas station in the city. Conoco did the same, and do did the other refineries. All the gas gets pooled together. It's all the same thing. When you buy gas at a Chevron station, you are not buying gas directly from Chevron.
Thank you, I know all fuel is the same to begin but wanted to know what brand uses the most effective additives and detergents, thanks again for the USEFUL INFORMATION.
Old May 22, 2010, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvolutinIX
I love when people like you provide no useful information whatsoever and just want to make yourself feel bigger by putting other people down, thanks for the input! Seven local chevrons closed and i saw on the new they were going under, so I guess I should have grilled the news station on if it was true or not. I was just trying to get input from people who I thought had the same passion as I did. I thought a fourm was for gathering information, and or clarifying information you had so maybe I should have been more clear. All the chevrons around me are no longer, and i would like to know what type of fuel other evo owners use? If that is too much to ask please don't post, and keep your smart a** remarks to yourself, thank you.

You may have got some **** for posting misinformation but Im pretty sure plenty of Evo owners also told you what fuel they use.

People have said BP, Sunoco, Shell, Texeco and a few others. Take your pick.
Old May 22, 2010, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvolutinIX
Nah, I think I'd rather post more on a free forum to make sure this is maintained as a tard-free zone. You've proven that my services are needed.

If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it Senor SensitEVO.