Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help w/ deciding on a Body/Wide Body kit

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help w/ deciding on a Body/Wide Body kit

This has probably been asked, surely, but I wont more opinions on which kit would look nicest for my plans/setup.

Firstly, I will deffinetly have CCW Lm20's on my car ( Most likely 18x10, unless I do have clearence issues, so I may go 18x9).
Secondly, the car will be lowered on megan coilovers, probably an inch or two drop.
Thirdly, this will be a DAILY DRIVEN (Talking like 60+ miles a day) car, while in the meantime being an occassional ( probably most weekends) track car. 1/4 Mile and road racing...
I also plan to go to many meets and shows with it. Dont want something crazy to win all shows, but hey a nice trophy sometime wouldnt hurt.
There was an Evo on here called the green beast I believe. It had a, Idk how to explain but, wierd green tone that I liked and wanted to do to mine, with the except of adding a hint of blue for different angle views on it ( Call me rice, I like the style so whatever =]).

I am looking for help on deciding for a kit. The car is a 2006 Evo Ix MR SE (Tarmac Black currently) and will remain TB until I have more cash set aside and go to get it painted the color scheme that I want.

I like the voltex kit ( replica, the authentic one is extremely overpriced IMO). However, my only issue is the rear end not flowing to well with the rest of the kit, and any ways to fix this?

I have seen other ktis out there like the APR, but im not sure. What would be most popular and look best on my car, and be able to withstand the abuse from everyday street driving. ( I live in the city now, but am moving within a month to NJ in a Semi Suburban area, so the car will be in a lot of highway travel and long roads, and not the consistent stop and go here).

Any help is appreciated, and as for mods, I know its been asked/answered, but not exactly with my exact setup and questions, so I ask nicely that you dont close this for the time being. Thanks!
Old May 25, 2010, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Voltex is a bit over played imo. APR widebody kit all the way.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

I agree, Voltex is overplayed and it's the more common body kit, Still looks sick though. The APR is just a plain jain one. Uses the same looking front bumper and the rear just looks plain also.

If I did mine I would do this one.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...y-extreme.html
Old May 25, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomex

thread\
Old May 25, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Bomex? lol.

This isnt a ricer thread. I want something that will look agressive, and help keep my wheels down at blistering jet plane speeds.

Voltex is overplayed, true, but god-damn it its so sexy.
APR is to plain.
Old May 25, 2010, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my bad I thought it was. I read "body kit" and "daily driven". just messing. post pics once you have it set up.
Old May 25, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

apr 9 kit. voltex is ugly ugly ugly
Old May 25, 2010, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone had any experience with a VIS Racing Kit? I see there is one on ebay. A voltex replica of course, and it seems like the one someone on here was trying to sell. Anyways, its 1500 and i know vis wants 2300+ shipping on their site, and its brand new. I think I will go with this.

I can post up pics of progress thus far
Im having a hard time figuring out how to mount my A/C Fan with my 4"Intercooler.. lol.
Old May 26, 2010, 03:57 PM

Stick with Voltex, go home happy
Old May 26, 2010, 04:49 PM

Why go with a body kit?Most that are being mentioned seem to be more for show and not really provide and function. Do some research on individual parts and create your own style with it. Not every part is going to give you function, so I say research some parts and which will give the function needed for the track and then find some back up parts to make the car look better.

I'm not a big fan of the body kits made for the Evo, although I have to admit that the Voltex kit is pretty cool. Also, I would say, try and keep from doing the JDM IX Bumper conversion, its so cliche IMO, if I was judging car at a meet/show I would be sadly disappointed by seeing those.

Anyway, good luck with the decision and keep us posted!
Old May 26, 2010, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SP-SM
Why go with a body kit?Most that are being mentioned seem to be more for show and not really provide and function. Do some research on individual parts and create your own style with it. Not every part is going to give you function, so I say research some parts and which will give the function needed for the track and then find some back up parts to make the car look better.

I'm not a big fan of the body kits made for the Evo, although I have to admit that the Voltex kit is pretty cool. Also, I would say, try and keep from doing the JDM IX Bumper conversion, its so cliche IMO, if I was judging car at a meet/show I would be sadly disappointed by seeing those.

Anyway, good luck with the decision and keep us posted!
the usdm bumper is ugly so either jdm evo 9 or jdm evo 7 rear or body kit rear for sure.
Old May 26, 2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
the usdm bumper is ugly so either jdm evo 9 or jdm evo 7 rear or body kit rear for sure.
So true, although I didn't mean don't change the bumper, I'm just tired of seeing JDM 9's in what seems like every picture. I do think that black does hide the uglyness better than other colors though.
Old May 26, 2010, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

chargespeed!! I really like it cause it keeps the car clean and not too much going on...

http://www.more-japan.com/home.php?cat=940

EDIT...

Here's a good clean one also...

Last edited by BoostedXevo; May 26, 2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old May 26, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Varis has the SICKEST body kits for the Evo PERIOD! They have over 10 styles and you can mix and match if you want!!!

http://www.varis.co.jp/
Old May 26, 2010, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

If you think Voltex is over-priced, don't look at Varis.

Quick Reply: Help w/ deciding on a Body/Wide Body kit