Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Valentine's Day Disaster

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow what a crazy turn of events. At least everyone is ok.

I wish we had the S15 over here. I love that sexy whip.

-Ant.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

wow, this sucks to hear. glad you made it out ok.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

damnnn ! not lucky :S
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
odub, you were FORCED to drive 170 miles to an autox? i think you CHOSE to drive 170 miles on those tires to get to it.

remixx02, sorry to hear about being forced to sell the car. pretty crappy that because you bumped into someone that they are punishing you in this way
Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:52 AM

poor cars. this makes me sad
Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

sorry for your misfortune, only upside is your car didnt get heavily damaged, but too bad you'll have to sell it now.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well that is that as they say huh. No offense to all the jdm lovers but i would not try to mess with the miltary and try to pull some bs stunt to keep the car. they took your card and your car and told you to get rid of it. Not following something as simple as that could be your career not worth it in the least bit. You had your fun granted it stinks because you put so much money into it but it is what it is and now it must go. Take it as a learning experence. until they give your liscense back you cant drive anyways so just do what they say and follow the rules for alittle bit so you can get back on course

Last edited by RockmanX; Jun 1, 2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

4 awsome cars all messed up and one guy went all the way through the rail. You're lucky you didnt get in more trouble or kill somebody you were defintally going way too fast . The rails are all right on the curbs too what did you guys think was gunna happen.

I cant beleive you're even mad about the cops hassling you. It is crystal clear that you guys were driving recklessly in order to have 4 spectacular handling cars all crash on Dry pavement.

Alright done acting like a pissed off dad

Atleaste you came out in the best shape and got to see a bunch of dream cars get ruined. Only way you can top this now is to see 2 lambos crash into eachothere
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

i dont see what is ILLEGAL about you selling it to your friend and buying it back later when it enters USA in a LEGAL ownership of your friend....

the command doesnt have a say WHO you sell it to nor do they have a say what car you buy later when you return to USA.

but yeah i gotta agree with these guys, if you guys were driving like grannies you would have all evaded any accident without blinking an eye. its because you guys were driving fast and too close to each other it happened. you play it off like it was tires fault etc etc but it wasnt. not trying to judge as we all enjoy having fun but accepting your errors will help you actually deal with your situation and come out stronger.

Last edited by mifesto; Jun 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
odub, you were FORCED to drive 170 miles to an autox? i think you CHOSE to drive 170 miles on those tires to get to it.

remixx02, sorry to hear about being forced to sell the car. pretty crappy that because you bumped into someone that they are punishing you in this way
thank you for the lack of reading comprehension, and subsequent irrelevant post. The POINT was that I made the trip, raced, made the trip back, and drove through bad conditions, and didn't put my car through any guardrails because I wasn't driving recklessly.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those of you who are bad mouthing: I really could careless what your thoughts are. People like you and your opinions are the reason I'm in this situation. The only thing I'm guilty of is deciding to ride out with those guys...
Old Jun 1, 2010, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Remixx02
For those of you who are bad mouthing: I really could careless what your thoughts are. People like you and your opinions are the reason I'm in this situation. The only thing I'm guilty of is deciding to ride out with those guys...
to clear this up, I didn't say YOU were driving recklessly, and didn't attack you personally. I attacked the statement YOU made about NO ONE in your party driving recklessly when they obviously were. Actually, it's people like YOU and your friends who give people like US a bad name, and are the reason a group of modified cars can't roll around together without attracting all types of attention. People like your friends are also the reason our insurance rates are so high because they do stupid **** and put cars through guardrails.

bottom line is, you and your friends were irresponsible, and dead damn wrong so stop acting like some victim here, man the **** up, admit you're wrong and accept the consequences.

also, the correct expression is that you COULDN'T care less. If you COULD care less, that's implying that you do care now, which defeats the whole purpose of what you're trying to say. Off topic, but when people say that it bothers me almost as much as when people say "irregardless"
Old Jun 1, 2010, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

well i think he deserves a ticket possibly but i feel his command is making an example out of him.... his punishment is undeserving. his guilt is obvious but he's being put out to a firing squad as to speak for a simple moving violation.

remixx... you came on this forum for advice and support/sympathy yet all you enjoy is saying "i dont care what you say!".... then why did you come on the forum? for a hug? people will give you advice here but also will point out your errors too. maybe its possible your command is being harsh on you because they feel you arent humbling and willing to learn from mistakes...

Last edited by mifesto; Jun 1, 2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ODUB
to clear this up, I didn't say YOU were driving recklessly, and didn't attack you personally. I attacked the statement YOU made about NO ONE in your party driving recklessly when they obviously were. Actually, it's people like YOU and your friends who give people like US a bad name, and are the reason a group of modified cars can't roll around together without attracting all types of attention. People like your friends are also the reason our insurance rates are so high because they do stupid **** and put cars through guardrails.

bottom line is, you and your friends were irresponsible, and dead damn wrong so stop acting like some victim here, man the **** up, admit you're wrong and accept the consequences.

also, the correct expression is that you COULDN'T care less. If you COULD care less, that's implying that you do care now, which defeats the whole purpose of what you're trying to say. Off topic, but when people say that it bothers me almost as much as when people say "irregardless"

I can turn this into an arguement but I'm not going to. Last thing I'll say to you I'd that I've already accepted the consequenses, I'm just simply posting the pictures and story because people were asking about it. This happened 3 months ago and the punishment has already happened. I know what it looks like and I would probably assume the same thing, however after 2 months of investigating and a judges verdict... That's all I'm saying.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Remixx02
I can turn this into an arguement but I'm not going to. Last thing I'll say to you I'd that I've already accepted the consequenses, I'm just simply posting the pictures and story because people were asking about it. This happened 3 months ago and the punishment has already happened. I know what it looks like and I would probably assume the same thing, however after 2 months of investigating and a judges verdict... That's all I'm saying.
judges verdict, and truth are two totally different things. there have been a lot of guilty people who have walked with no issues, as well as people completely innocent that catch hell all the time. all that says to me is you got lucky, and they let you off. not because you and your friends were innocent, just because somebody pulled some strings somewhere and got you off.

no way you end up 15 feet in the woods after going THROUGH a guardrail, AND not be driving recklessly. at speeds of 30 or even 50 mph there's no way in hell they could have made it through that guardrail, so anybody with even a shred of common sense can take a pretty good guess at how fast you guys had to be moving to do that much damage. you guys are just lucky you didn't kill yourselves, or more importantly any innocent family on the road.

Quick Reply: Valentine's Day Disaster