Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it safe for passengers to ride in the back with a harness bar?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there has been lots of hate in this thread, but also good information. ignore all the ricer and poser comments, to each there own. i agree with the voltex wings etc, but everyone does what they want to do.

i will just give you my personal experience. I had a schroth (ASM) 4 pt in my car strapped into the rear seat belt mounts. worked great for a while (only autoX) but if your going to be doing anything high speed that would leave the harness at too steep of an angle to be safe. therefore, you should go with a cage or a harness bar.

either one is going to make your rear seats useless, just a matter of what you want. clean look of having interior intact, or a full (safer) cage with the harness.

back to your question, yes people can ride in the back. but a rear end collision would cause Head to meet metal bar which means bad news for passengers. i feel that a lot of people have been asking this same question recently, need to search.

just keep helmets in your car and waivers and you will be good to go!

happy holidays