Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Motor needs to be fixed: Advice on what to do from here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Meanie
After speaking with a good friend that has helped me out with my car in the past I think I can escape from this with out too much collateral damage. He is hypothesizing that if its just valves that I could just take the head off get the valves replaced and put everything back together.

If we take the head off and the damage is more extensive then originally hoped then I will more then likely buy a BR 2.0 shortblock. It appears its valves since I'm not smoking or eating oil (As far as I can tell.....I'm due for an oil change in a couple hundred miles so I will probably do it monitor oil consumption).

if this car is your only ride, I would seriously consider buying a cheap honda for just in case things like this happen, for cheap gas milage, and cheap maintance
me and my friends have had a few between us, almost never pay more than a couple grand and they usually last us for a few years at least
Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yo man give me a call today about this pm if you forgot my number lets chat
Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DuderMagee
if this car is your only ride, I would seriously consider buying a cheap honda for just in case things like this happen, for cheap gas milage, and cheap maintance
me and my friends have had a few between us, almost never pay more than a couple grand and they usually last us for a few years at least

That was the plan.....It still is depending on what it takes to fix the motor.

Rock I'm calling you in a few.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you got PM