Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

If this was your EVO..what price would you put on it?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Yea paranoid or not the car has a salvage title and this will turn away a lot of people. Try trading that car in at a dealership see what they tell ya

It very well may sell for around that mark but I wouldn't pay that for it. This isn't anything new salvage cars go for way less money

I have to defend my car's honor. It's not salvaged....rebuilt
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:44 AM

Here's some pics...not the best quality...but its all i have on my computer..i'll probably post good ones later.
Attached Images   
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:47 AM

prior salvage, rebuilt, its same thing
Yea paranoid or not the car has a salvage title and this will turn away a lot of people. Try trading that car in at a dealership see what they tell ya
Yes it will definitely turn away alot of people, but there are still plenty out there who will pay the deserve price for it, just not as much potential buyers that's all. And trading at the dealership would be a terrible mistake, they will give pennies for it, but that applies to every car, not just rebuilt, dealerships always give low on trade-ins, its their business to do so lol
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It very well may sell for around that mark but I wouldn't pay that for it. This isn't anything new salvage cars go for way less money
Please. Take any car into a dealership and see what they say.
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Nice looking car but mitsu did not make the MR in Blue
Former Sponsor

Great looking car but the theft recovery might bring the value down a bit
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
Please. Take any car into a dealership and see what they say.
Agreed but the same car side by side one has a rebuilt title and one a clean title. Heck they may not even take the rebuilt titled car on trade
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:51 AM

I'm not taking it to a dealer. I definitely know the stigma associated with a rebuilt title. I was iffy as **** when I purchased this one. The only reason I did was because it was considerably lower than a MR with a clean title. Im happy though. Got a sweet MR and paid thousands less than what they were going for. I'm not worried about selling it...I know it will go....just wanted to know what you guys though in terms of asking price.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05SlvrEvo
I'm not taking it to a dealer. I definitely know the stigma associated with a rebuilt title. I was iffy as **** when I purchased this one. The only reason I did was because it was considerably lower than a MR with a clean title. Im happy though. Got a sweet MR and paid thousands less than what they were going for. I'm not worried about selling it...I know it will go....just wanted to know what you guys though in terms of asking price.
There was never a blue MR was it repainted? Was a 6spd swapped into it? Bilstein suspension swapped in?
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:55 AM

There was never a blue MR was it repainted? Was a 6spd swapped into it? Bilstein suspension swapped in?
+1 Whats the story behind that?

But if it was a regular GSR, rebuilt title.. I'd say 15k-17k
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by jojamn
+1 Whats the story behind that?

But if it was a regular GSR, rebuilt title.. I'd say 15k-17k
Dunno...I bought the car like this. Its got a 6 speed trans, the leather MR seats, the rims, fins, suspension, its all MR...dunno?
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like it has the IX GSR wheels also.
Evolving Member

You just have to find the right buyer. I sold my rsx with a rebuilt title for 9k when the going price was around there I have actually seen them go for cheaper with less miles and a clean title. So it is possible just be patient and don't take an offer thats really low just because someone says cash in hand. It is worth the wait. Good luck!!
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05SlvrEvo
Dunno...I bought the car like this. Its got a 6 speed trans, the leather MR seats, the rims, fins, suspension, its all MR...dunno?
MR did not have Leather seats EVER in 05 it had the same blue seats every other VIII had, only the SSL cars had leather seats

Those are not MR rims either.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

It's a complete mixed up mess...

6 spd tranny(bad), non MR wheels(bad), leather seats (bad - subjective though, I had them in my 8, I'd never want them in my car again), Tein springs (bad - the ultimate shock killers), random drilled rotors (bad), rebuilt title ...

I mean either someone will lowball you bigtime or you won't sell it. Atleast I wouldn't buy this car unless I had a killer deal on it to repair all the "mistakes" the car has.