Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why do people criticize the evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My girlfriend tells me that I kind of grew out of the evo and I should be driving a nice BMW, I say if I can buy an M6 then ok...lol. It's because its hard to picture a "cute guy dressed up getting out of an evo everyday" haha.

I love this car, I bought it for one reason being it was my favorite car. BTW I am 28.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:39 AM

Who cares what other people think, you didn't buy the car to impress anyone else did you? No, you bought the car because YOU like it and that is all that matters.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ratwals
Who cares what other people think, you didn't buy the car to impress anyone else did you? No, you bought the car because YOU like it and that is all that matters.
+1 sounds like the op is trying to impress somebody anybody that judges you based on your car is a shallow person to begin with what are you doing around that nonesense. Getting upset about a comment saying your to old for a certain car or you should be driving etc shows how weak minded you are to even process a thought about it.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

I love driving my Evo around. Havent really been criticized about it at all, except from the die hard American Muscle fans who went ape **** when I sold my 01 WS6 Trans-Am for the Evo 8.

I honestly think the Evo is THE perfect car for the area I live in.

For 1: Roads are very windy, Evo handles excellent
2: Poconos has crazy weather, snow/ice/sleet/rain/tornados/everything, Evo is AWD can handle is wayy better than a 400HP RWD muscle car.
3: Reliable, my Trans-Am felt like a rattle trap at 70,000 miles, tons of stuff breaking on it. My Evo has 94k on it, not 1 dash light on, feels nice and tight.
4: Potential, Evo can easily be built up to be a complete monster, but still has the ability to be daily driven.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
remove the wing and run a quiet exhaust

the amount of attention/criticism you'll get will dramatically decrease
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

I've had nothing but good comments about the evo, im friends with a wide variety of people and there choices on cars, from imports to die hard muscle cars, even the muscle car guys like my car and the truck guys, on the other hand they dont like my buddies sti? Even a cop commented on my car and how he liked it once ahaha. Shouldnt matter what other people say as long as your happy with your car then screw em there just jealous.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
Ehhhh.....I could care less what people think; besides if you cared what everyone thought you wouldn't be living your life you'd be living theirs.....always walking on pins and needles. Enjoy your car man, they ain't paying for it......
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everybody my age (22) loves it. Sure it looks a little ricey and what not but 90 percent of the people I have encountered are intimitated by it. I can't remember the last time I had someone in a civic pull all the way up to me at a light, they just hang back there staring at it.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by ratwals
Word.

I understand the OP. I don't care what others think but if they just constantly rag on you day after day about your car then it gets on your nerves really bad. When I was in the market to get another car everyone would tell me what THEY thought I should drive and when I said I wanted an Evo they would say stupid reasons why I shouldn't get it.

People will have their opinions. Just don't think about them and instead think about how good it feels to be behind the wheel of your Evo. As long as it makes you happy then you're set
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

If people know and understand what this car is the majority of those people like it. The people who don't know what it is probably aren't into cars in the first place so you'd never satisfy them anyway. I personally like the big wing and I won't remove it, but I know it makes my 33 year old butt look like I'm trying to be a teenager (to the clueless people anyway). For me there is nothing else comparable to my EVO for the same amount of $$$ I have into it. I took quite a few people on a joy ride that knew nothing about the car. Every single scenario ended in people laughing. They were impressed with it's performance and I can guarantee they didn't forget the word EVO from that day forward.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Sounds like you need to change your social circles. Even my 60yr old boss liked my car after I gave him a ride one day. The Evo is one of the best cars ever made, period.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always get people asking me why I didn't buy an Sti (because they're more reliable)
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
You're 29.
I'll be 47 in a few months. No one asks me that. <grin>
Originally Posted by goldenEvo
Don't be disappointed, you are still a youngster. I'm turning 50 and I just brought my Evo 03 two month ago. I enjoy what I drive! Leave it alone and enjoy it.
Just turned 47 myself =) But when Im driving the EVO I certainly feel 25

And yes, It is a mis-understood beast

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Jun 18, 2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
+1 sounds like the op is trying to impress somebody anybody that judges you based on your car is a shallow person to begin with what are you doing around that nonesense. Getting upset about a comment saying your to old for a certain car or you should be driving etc shows how weak minded you are to even process a thought about it.
First off nothing in my post suggests I am weak minded. I never imposed that I wanted to sell the car for these reasons. I simply stated that it pisses me off and I don't understand WHY people make such remarks about he car. Your punctuation and sentence structure clearly shows why and how easily you can misinterpret a thread like this. Thanks for your input, it hit home. LOL
Old Jun 18, 2010, 02:47 PM

yeah, just haters.

Quick Reply: Why do people criticize the evo?