Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why do people criticize the evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why do people criticize the evo?

I gotta say I really get dissapointed when people always say why do you drive that car? Or some have mentioned how this car doesn't fit me? What do people know about me really? Whats wrong or so bad about this car? I guess its peoples lack of knowledge and the big wing with the loud exhaust that makes this car look boy ricer. Its sucks being a bit older driving this car around because some just think its a typical import thats all show and no go. To be honest I love this car to do but I wish it gave off a different image. I thought about going to a x but the money I have invested doesn't justify it. I don't want to be shallow or really care what others think but it does get to me sometimes. I am 29 and sometimes I feel like I out grew this thing. What else can I really get for the money that can compare to this thing??? In my eyes nothing...
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're just hating.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:18 PM

Most people ask me howcome I didnt get a STI. I tell them why when everyone has one already. I like to give STI a run for there money..
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:19 PM

To be quite honest, its just part of driving this type of car. An evo, especially one that is modified (exhaust, cams...anything to make it louder), falls under the unfortunate stereotype of a "fast and furious" car. There are some people, regardless of age, that love them, and there are others that think they are loud, obnoxious cars. Kinda just have to deal with it and remember the joy the car brings you when you are behind the wheel, which to me is way more important
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:20 PM

but seriously the evo is a great car
reliability
power
sedan
awd
handling
upgradability
who cares what other people think, specially when they are staring at your taillights
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:21 PM

i have a buddy whose 28 and loves his car. Its all about you who cares what anyone else thinks if your having fun with it thats all that matters everyone ese is just jelous. My friends make fun of it but once i turn on the car and they hear it idle they are like "OH well that does sound nice".
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by 2d-ink
Most people ask me howcome I didnt get a STI. I tell them why when everyone has one already. I like to give STI a run for there money..

plus its nice to have a car that doesn't throw a bearing everytime you look at it sideways
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

auto cross dudes get mad and hattte evos
because it such and amazing car
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:25 PM

its because they dont own one
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its not really the hate aspect. In fact most enthusiasts are always interested. Its the fast and furious comments that get to me. What poeple don't understand is whats the difference between this and a new camarro, challenger, or mustang? Obviously they are different in certain ways but there both mant to do something in common. I think its really the looks that throw people off.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

its because theyre ugly, have a huge wing, and clear tails. its because theyre the only cars that can do all that and still kick every cars ***.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine is wingless and I get WAY less attention than my buddy that runs with the wing. People ask me what it is all the time (older people 50+) because they like the color (EB) and the look.

I'm turning 28 soon and have never been asked "why i drive that car" so it just sounds like you're running accross a few jealous people no big deal. You know what you have and like it, that should be enough. just my .02
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
would those people love you more if you got, say, a bmw? if so, then fack them. car people know. when people talk to me, it's " hows the evo treatin you", or "you taking good care of my car?" lol. i think it's because i briskly pass the hell out of them on the freeway.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

yeah let em hate bro. I find the only people who talk smack on evos are people who dont know anything about cars, or people who have been smashed on by one. Every kid with a honda is secretly jealous that they dont have an evo instead. Older people who make comments are living in the day when muscle was king and are unwilling to accept that the little ricer will smoke them stock for stock in any kind of race. The auto-crossers hate because the evos always win I love haters. It just means i'm doing something right!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:53 PM
Account Disabled

People that like certain type of cars will always hate against other cars. EVO FTW!!!

Quick Reply: Why do people criticize the evo?