Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gauge Fitment Issue

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge Fitment Issue

I purcahsed 3 Defi gauges and the Center Bezel from Gruppe-S. I was doing a dry fit of the gauges when I encounted an fitting issue with the right gauge. Looks like the back of my gauge is hitting where the radio was mounted (pic below). I wanted to know if anyone has had this problem?

Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Luke18
I purcahsed 3 Defi gauges and the Center Bezel from Gruppe-S. I was doing a dry fit of the gauges when I encounted an fitting issue with the right gauge. Looks like the back of my gauge is hitting where the radio was mounted (pic below). I wanted to know if anyone has had this problem?

I had this problem with my guage also. I had the prosports and 2 of them fit and thankfully my 3rd on was an electronic gauge so I didnt have the huge back on it and made them fit. Apparently that gauge panel is only good if you have electronic ones.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There were a few posts about a year or so ago about this issue. The metal bracket which obstructs the right side gauge is part of the radio support bracket, which you won't need if you are using the new three gauge panel. If you look closely, you'll see that you can remove the screws which hold the bracket in place. I took the bracket out, and trimmed it with a Dremel cut off wheel. If I remember correctly, a few members of this forum trimmed it without removing it. I took it out first because I didn't wand metal filings, etc in my dash or carpet. Good luck.