Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

General Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2010, 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
General Wiring Question

On my 06 MR, there is wiring wrap in electrical tape just to the left of the oil filter looking from under the car. It looks like its loop. anyone know what is that for? Is that supposed to be connected to something? Didn't notice it before. I just wanted to be sure that its not cut and wrap because I got paranoid about this shop. I brought in my civic and the cv boots break, i brought in my sienna and the aircon stop working and i know they touch my evo too a few mos ago. Each failure was noted weeks/months after I brought it in for service one after the other so this happen over a period of time. Hope someone can confirm the wiring. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone know what that wiring on the left side of the oil filter of an 06 MR is for?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That maybe for your oil temp gauge. Is there a wire going to the oil drain plug? The last person who did the oil change may have broken the wire off the sensor which is part of the drain plug.
I would try another shop.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ix's have the oil pressure sensor on the filter housing. There should be a ten mm bolt holding a plastic wire guide to the filter housing. the factory tape came off on mine too so just pull the wire down and re-tape it, good to go.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

golden thanks but its not that one. 20g is right on it, it has a white plastic connected to it. i just got paranoid when i was changing oil and saw this wire with tape falling off and has some oil on it. upon further check the oil came from above, spill off when i was changing oil. I thought the shop mess with it. I really can't imagine having 2 vehicle with problems after that shop service it for oil change. Thanks for the info 20g.