Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Love that Fumotovalve!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love that Fumotovalve!!!

I have bin using the Fumotovalve for about 3 months now on my EVO. I love it. Changing the oil has always bin very mess for me but with the Fumotovalve it’s a snap and I can even drain a little out if I over fill it.

Here is a email that I got from them. There is a 15% discount code.

My Best
Eric

Dear Valued Customer

Thanks for your interest in Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve.
If you have already purchased one, we are sure you have
enjoyed using it for Quick, Easy and Clean Oil Changes.

YM International Co., Authorized online retailer of Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve, wishes to provide you and your friends with a SPECIAL 15% DISCOUNT OFFER to thank you for your supporting our business and celebrate the Holiday Season.

Using SVC5 as a discount code, you and your friends will get 15% OFF when ordering at online store: www.fumotovalve.com This Special Offer is for limited time only. Expiration: 12/31/03

Thank you for your business and happy oil changing!

Best regards,

Yoshi Mizukami
GM- YM International Co.

P.S. Please take this oppotunity to send this unique product
as a gift to your families and friends. They will be glad you did!!
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Igot teh valve and teh same email. Definitely, makes changing oil alot cleaner. Also, you dont have to replace the washer during every oil change.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

How much bigger is it than the stock plug? Good idea...I just know that with my luck I'd bottom out and break it.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
watch it you ever have engine problems and take your car to mitsu with that valve in place, they will most likely try adn void the warranty for it. A friend of mine had one on his dodge and he took the car in for service, they told him his problem was due to this type of vavle leeking... when his oil leek was in a completely differnet locations... go figure...
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 1QWKEVO
watch it you ever have engine problems and take your car to mitsu with that valve in place, they will most likely try adn void the warranty for it. A friend of mine had one on his dodge and he took the car in for service, they told him his problem was due to this type of vavle leeking... when his oil leek was in a completely differnet locations... go figure...
The Fomotovalve is OEM appoved by Subaru and .

If they void it you can get them in trouble. FYI

As per the web site:
The Engine Oil Drain Valve has been tested and granted "Genuine Parts" status by 5 major motor vehicle manufacturers in Japan, including Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Isuzu. These approvals were not granted easily and gaining them was a testimony to the quality and durability of Engine Oil Drain Valve.
In the United States, the Engine Oil Drain Valve is being installed at the factory level on some of the vehicles made by Ford and Freightliner.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HobieKopek
How much bigger is it than the stock plug? Good idea...I just know that with my luck I'd bottom out and break it.
That was my biggest worrie. I drive in NYC all the time and you should see the pot holes, Dips, Cones and so on that I autocross around. No Problem as of yet.

Not much larger then the stock bolt about 15% larger in total and I have the one with the nipple.

Eric
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Can you tell me exactly which fumoto valve you ordered so that I know which one to order?

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by nsnguyen
Can you tell me exactly which fumoto valve you ordered so that I know which one to order?

Thanks
Sorry it's bin a while so I don't know the part number but just follow the web sites and it will give you the part numbers. I ordered the one with a nipple.

Eric
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

2) F106 N(w/Nipple)
Mitsubushi
All models

('01-on) Montero 3.0L,3.5L requires adapter ADL106.
F106 N-Series
Price: $25.95 / 1
Product Code: Mitsubushi F106 N

Here is the part number. Don't for get to use the code for the 15% off.

Eric
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Very cool. I'm going to order one myself.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone figure out how to apply the discount? I tried checking out and got all the way to the credit card screen without seeing any way to enter a discount code.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

yea alot of trucks use these, they are great!!! makes my job alot easier!!! if i didnt buy that dang pitpass, id buy one of these!

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

The Fomotovalve is OEM appoved by Subaru and .

If they void it you can get them in trouble. FYI

As per the web site:
The Engine Oil Drain Valve has been tested and granted "Genuine Parts" status by 5 major motor vehicle manufacturers in Japan, including Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Isuzu. These approvals were not granted easily and gaining them was a testimony to the quality and durability of Engine Oil Drain Valve.
In the United States, the Engine Oil Drain Valve is being installed at the factory level on some of the vehicles made by Ford and Freightliner.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

I just ordered one of these LiquiVac things. It lets you suck all the oil out via the dipstick. I haven't tried it yet, but it sure seems like it'll be a lot easier than the Fumoto Valve deal.

Check it out:

http://www.eastwoodcompany.com/itemd...6151&Dep_Key1=

For the first time, of course, I'll have to pull the drain plug to confirm that it's really getting ALL the oil out of the pan. But I've heard from several people that were very, very happy with them. One of my 300ZX buddies said he was only able to get a few additional drops out of his oilpan by pulling the drain plug.

Of course, you stilll need to get under the car to pull the filter.. but anything to shorten the oil change process is good with me.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Rob W.
I just ordered one of these LiquiVac things. It lets you suck all the oil out via the dipstick. I haven't tried it yet, but it sure seems like it'll be a lot easier than the Fumoto Valve deal.

Check it out:

http://www.eastwoodcompany.com/itemd...6151&Dep_Key1=

For the first time, of course, I'll have to pull the drain plug to confirm that it's really getting ALL the oil out of the pan. But I've heard from several people that were very, very happy with them. One of my 300ZX buddies said he was only able to get a few additional drops out of his oilpan by pulling the drain plug.

Of course, you stilll need to get under the car to pull the filter.. but anything to shorten the oil change process is good with me.
I have used one with my BMWs and it really does not get every thing out. I like the Fumoto much better plus I always run a bit of new oil throw just to make sure all the old oil is out.

Eric
Old Nov 18, 2003, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

sucking the oil out via teh dipstick would leave some gunk on the bottom of the pan most likely, which would usually come out when you drain through the bottom cause of the oil moving over it... I could be wrong, but it just doesn't seem that great of a saver if I am not wrong!

Quick Reply: Love that Fumotovalve!!!