Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Evo got stolen Last night...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I got the call this morning.... They found my car 4 miles away from where it was stolen. No motor, bumpers ,seats airbags, exc... Just a shell with 4 wheels on it. Im going right now to take some pictures before its towed.

All vin #s scratched off, the way they new it was mine was found my insurance card in the car..
Good times....... I spoke with insurance and they said it cannot be repaired its a total loss.
Anyone wanna buy a shell?

Im almost positive it was stolen and stripped local. Im going to take pictures now ill update later tonight...
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:47 AM

Sucks so bad....... Give me a call when you're headed out this way....
Old Jul 17, 2010, 09:23 AM

Back in the day, I had a well sorted '87 K5 Blazer, lifted, wheels, stereo, etc... I really enjoyed cruising with the top off, but always felt nervous about the security of leaving it parked topless. Sooo, knowing how easy it is for thieves to steal GM products from the 80's (grew up in body shop), I put a hidden aircraft electrical circuit breaker in the fuel pump circuit. I mounted it, hidden, but within easy reach. Never had any issues.

Old Jul 17, 2010, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

wow dude... i really hope you find these dbags...
Old Jul 17, 2010, 09:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
MagnaVolt -- "the final word in auto security"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gUATkM3WSQ
Old Jul 17, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blunted IX
Well I got the call this morning.... They found my car 4 miles away from where it was stolen. No motor, bumpers ,seats airbags, exc... Just a shell with 4 wheels on it. Im going right now to take some pictures before its towed.

All vin #s scratched off, the way they new it was mine was found my insurance card in the car..
Good times....... I spoke with insurance and they said it cannot be repaired its a total loss.

Im almost positive it was stolen and stripped local. Im going to take pictures now ill update later tonight...
I have nightmares that end like this, seriously. I am very sorry this happened to you. I hope you get revenge!
Old Jul 17, 2010, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

wat a crapp , im sry for you..
Old Jul 17, 2010, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

At least you have some sort of closure now.

No idea where mine will end up.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The reason car security is so easy to bypass is its wireless so its just a matter of getting into the computer and disabling it.

I'm not a security systems expert but I'm guessing if the put 128 byte encryption into that stuff it would make it a bit harder to crack open.

The safest bet is a garage with a dog in it, that way it alerts you to intruders.

Sorry to hear about your car getting found with nothing left. Car thieves are brutal and in the big city that stuff is bad news. Chop shops all over the place. Police are ****ing worthless. If they cared about theft more insurance rates would be a lot lower.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by nickcarlson1
At least you have some sort of closure now.

No idea where mine will end up.
Im guessing youll be getting a call in a few days. They might even leave your car in the same spot they left his.....
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Omg!

If that happened to me i'd be crying for days and days.

And then i'd hunt them down and beat their asses.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:49 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
can you post any identifying marks on the parts that was stolen so we can have a look-out on those parts? these will show up on the forums anytime soon.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by badazztealcobra
Im guessing youll be getting a call in a few days. They might even leave your car in the same spot they left his.....
I am already cleared with insurance. So at this point, if I get a fair pay out, I could careless. In the end it is just an object that is easily replaceable. The thing I most upset about is that they broke into my locked garage while I was home.

Security is definitely beefed up. And about half the neighborhood and police will know when someone enters my garage when they are not supposed to be in there. If the police don't arrive quick enough, they won't be walking home.

All I can really hope for is that these thefts die down.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a real bummer man! Hopefullly your insurance company will compensate you decently. In a lot of ways it's probably better that you didn't get it back in repairable condition cause who knows what kind of abuse it went through. Definitely update us with the pics and any info about your parts so we know what to keep an eye out for. Let us know if they ever catch the dirtbags too. Good luck with everything from here on out, whatever direction you decide to go!
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

This is literally one of my worst nightmares. Really sorry that this happened to you, hopefully insurance takes good care of you.

Quick Reply: My Evo got stolen Last night...