Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

external dump o2 housings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boostedwrx
The thing you need to look for, and what everyone has so far forgot to mention, that the wastegate dump area has to be ported/enlarged to match the turbine side and not just be a single hole. I'm sorry but the MAP and EPM o2 dumps, at least the ones I've seen pics of, are just a single hole and don't have the wastegate area enlarged. The JMFab or Shearer is going to be the best unit. Shearer uses the JM flange. Here is a pic of my Shearer dump after I cleaned it up and got it coated:

I know nothing at all abou this unit. I have the MAP unit and it works period. may not work as well as this, but it does work.

Rawkus: to say the performance of an o2 dump is open for debate. well, here is my arguement for it working . I gained over 60 ft #'s of tourqe on a stock 8 turbo with only the MAP 02 dump and SD conversion. I have dyno graphs in the tuning thread to show this. I stand behind my comments that an 02 dump works PERIOD!. to each his own about the noise. Dont go WOT all the time.

Last edited by Turbojunkie; Jul 1, 2010 at 07:30 AM.