Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

cruise control and the evo.....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2003, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I miss the Cruise Control but I couldnt't live without a sunroof or rear wiper.....silly but true.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone mentioned the fact that the STi does not come with a stereo either? If this car is going to be your daily driver, are you sure you can stand no music/tunes better than you can no cruise control?
Old Nov 19, 2003, 07:28 AM

Originally posted by Alias

Obviously, he thinks highly of the EVO and the STI and that they are pretty much equal. I don't think that it is not that he doesn't care about handling, but assuming he is not going to take it to the track but instead is just going to use it as a daily driver given that he wants a CC, he most likely won't be able tell "that" much difference in terms of handling. It's not like the STI handling is bad, just not as precise as the EVO but still considered very good. In regards to looks, some might like the EVO's look, but some might not and thinks the STI looks better. Finally, maybe he doesn't care about modding potential at all because both the STI and the EVO comes nicely packaged as stock. So given all things are nearly equal, the cruise control in which some might view as very important might just give the STI 1 more point vs the EVO. But I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. It mostly will come down to small details such as the CC when things are so much equal, except the price of course. Just my opinions.
this is exactly right. As a daily driver, these cars are nearly equal. However, now that i realize cruise control can be added aftermarket easily, the evo becomes the clear chice, especially given i would need to buy a stereo and floormats for the STi.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 12:03 PM
NRG
Evolving Member

I must have to say, if anyone debates over getting either the EVO or the Suby, I would tell them get the Suby......I mean, if you gotta decide between those two cars, you obviously don't really know what EVO is all about....

Because people like me buy the EVO because its a real true legend..I've always been a Mitsu EVO WRC fan.....If I had the choice to swap to a suby now, I would say HELL NO!!

My .0001 cent
Old Nov 19, 2003, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by NRG
I must have to say, if anyone debates over getting either the EVO or the Suby, I would tell them get the Suby......I mean, if you gotta decide between those two cars, you obviously don't really know what EVO is all about....

Because people like me buy the EVO because its a real true legend..I've always been a Mitsu EVO WRC fan.....If I had the choice to swap to a suby now, I would say HELL NO!!

My .0001 cent
i dont understand what youre saying here, i cannot think of 2 more similar cars on the market today! you can hardly even tell that they are different when you see them together!
Old Nov 19, 2003, 02:22 PM
NRG
Evolving Member

STi and EVO similar? You gots to be outta your mind!!

Body: Shape is completely different

Engine: One is boxer type with IC on top and other Inline4 style with FMIC

Handling: Handsdown the EVO takes the win.......

Topspeed: STi takes this one home with higher displacement

So how are they similar? Just because they are rivals and that they both handle pretty well?
Old Nov 19, 2003, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

I think wether you get an evo or and Sti, you will develop an attachment to the car either way. I think you should go and test drive both cars. Also, if you don't care about handling why leave the S4? I'm sure its more luxurious. Having said that, I wouldn't choose to drive anything over the evo at this time.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by asdf
I think wether you get an evo or and Sti, you will develop an attachment to the car either way. I think you should go and test drive both cars. Also, if you don't care about handling why leave the S4? I'm sure its more luxurious. Having said that, I wouldn't choose to drive anything over the evo at this time.
i care about handling, but i know given my driving on the street i will never reach the limits of either car.

I have driven a lightly modded STi, and it was sweet, but yet to drive an evo. Yes the S4 is more luxurious, but i do want to mod the car, and s4 parts are very very expensive, and it just doesnt get that fast.

example: s4 turbo swap said and done = ~$10,000, which will get you ~350-400 WHP.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by NRG
STi and EVO similar? You gots to be outta your mind!!

Body: Shape is completely different

Engine: One is boxer type with IC on top and other Inline4 style with FMIC

Handling: Handsdown the EVO takes the win.......

Topspeed: STi takes this one home with higher displacement

So how are they similar? Just because they are rivals and that they both handle pretty well?
can you find me 2 more similar cars? Lets take a look....

body:

engine: turbo 4
handling: the differences are not enough to matter to me
topspeed: doesnt matter to me, thats not safe

so, to the non enthusiast of either, the are very very similar.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

I see. I can understand your concern about cruise control. I drove from Arizona to Alabama with flip flops and my right heel was pretty sore.

Good luck on your choice, keep us posted.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by asdf
I see. I can understand your concern about cruise control. I drove from Arizona to Alabama with flip flops and my right heel was pretty sore.

Good luck on your choice, keep us posted.
thx. with the availability of aftermarket cruise control i think the price alone make the evo the choice.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by capitolm94

i dont understand what youre saying here, i cannot think of 2 more similar cars on the market today! you can hardly even tell that they are different when you see them together!
i don't know about that. considering the STi uses a 2.5 liter turbo i don't think these cars should even be in the same class.

re: cruise control, i had a 2000 impreza 2.5RS for 50k miles and a 2002 impreza WRX for 12k miles and i didn't use cc once. i never liked the disconnected feeling of letting the ecm control the throttle.i guess i'm just a drivers driver.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by MaxR

i don't know about that. considering the STi uses a 2.5 liter turbo i don't think these cars should even be in the same class.

re: cruise control, i had a 2000 impreza 2.5RS for 50k miles and a 2002 impreza WRX for 12k miles and i didn't use cc once. i never liked the disconnected feeling of letting the ecm control the throttle.i guess i'm just a drivers driver.
would you consider a mustang and a camaro in the same class? they have more of a displacement difference than .5 L.

These are in the class of turbo 4, performance oriented, with silly wing.
Old Nov 20, 2003, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Here are the pics requested of the two different stalk rosta's installed on my evo:

Check out this post, there are more pictures, and pictures of the install in the engine bay, also says the problems of installation and the costs:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=26560
Old Nov 20, 2003, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by emulous
Here are the pics requested of the two different stalk rosta's installed on my evo:

Check out this post, there are more pictures, and pictures of the install in the engine bay, also says the problems of installation and the costs:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=26560
that is awesome. Thanks for the info, that solves the cruise dilemma perfectly, especially it sounds with that newer stalk.

Quick Reply: cruise control and the evo.....