Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stock parts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2003, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Stock parts

Since I need some extensive repair work, and would prefer to provide aftermarket parts instead of using stock parts I need the prices of some stock parts for "amunition" when talking with the shopps about my repair work.

My stock FMIC is damaged. How much is stock compared to the $750 unit from Buschur racing?

My trunk is totally hosed, how much is a stock one, and how much is carbon fiber?
At least one tail light is cracked, (the other may be as well) how much are stock compared to EVO 7 JDM units?
My brand new Buschur Racing exhaust is bent all to hell. I still have recipt and they should cover it...thinking muffler is OK but I will see about getting the "quiet" version so I have both options. Not sure if the cat or downpipe are damaged.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith
Old Nov 18, 2003, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
only thing i can help you with are the tails. seen the stock evo lights sell all day for like 120 or so, cheapest i have seen evo 7 are like 350 or a little more. so its like 3 times more for JDM as opposed to stock.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 07:56 PM

Just put together a parts list and head to the dealer. They will give you the high end prices for all the stock parts. The other part prices can be gleaned from searches here. You may even come out with some extra bucks for a cold or

That is assuming that this is an insurance claim
Old Nov 19, 2003, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

You don't need to justify any prices with the repair shop.

Most places will buy and put on OEM parts, unless you specify otherwise. The written repair estimate you will get from a reputable body shop will show the price for every part. It's basically an itemized listing of everything that needs to be done to get your car back to 100%.

So when they give you your written repair estimate, take it home and mark it up. Strike out the items that are OEM that you want replaced with aftermarket. Insert the part numbers of the aftermarket parts into the estimate by hand, and tell the shop where to order em from. Then go back to the shop and go over your changes with them line by line.

btw, OEM parts are almost always more expensive than their equivalent aftermarket performance parts.

SC~
Old Nov 19, 2003, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
make them pay for stock everything, and give them dealer prices.... then grab the check and go shopping