Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I have $50 for the person figures out my problem!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are you so convinced it's a hardware problem. If your MAP/VE tables are not correctly sorted, warm-up routines, injector scaling/ latencies,etc, especially on e85 it can produce exactly that effect.

Can you post your SD set-up and logs of this problem? Did you revert back to MAF control and check to see if went away?

Last edited by 95630706; Aug 1, 2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

I had the same problem I was using the wrong spark plugs and then I went with NGK plugs part number# BPR8EIX http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=89&page=1 I have the same mods as you let me know what happens
Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by 95630706
Why are you so convinced it's a hardware problem. If your MAP/VE tables are not correctly sorted, warm-up routines, injector scaling/ latencies,etc, especially on e85 it can produce exactly that effect.

Can you post your SD set-up and logs of this problem? Did you revert back to MAF control and check to see if went away?
Huh? How could any of that cause only 1 cylinder to have more leak / less compression than the other 3?

Sounds like you are correct, OP.. unfortunately .. sounds like a valve problem to me at this point.. that sucks!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 10:26 AM

Because I Flashed it back to the stock ROM, reinstalled the Maf and it still does the exact same thing. Also before I found the loose belt There was a slight tapping sound that went away after I tightened it back up. Plus It's time for new head studs anyway so I'll just check it out when I'm putting them in.

Oh and also I was running E85 and SD with no issues for months before the problem started.

Last edited by zoek24; Aug 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM.