Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GST Motorsports. Is it a rip?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockmanX
I have not seen them post in awhile on the forums i know that much they used to post at least once a day i would see but for the last month its been ghost town from them.
GST posted yesterday.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8497605-post24.html

Old Jul 17, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
they are active on evoempire.org too. i really haven't heard anything too bad from them, and have been told they are one of the best tuners in the bay area. i'm not defending, but they were gonna be one of my choices for tuning. i may have to go to speed element, works, or one of the other shops if their customer service does really suck.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 02:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the lack of response, we have been swamped recently and it has been compounded with one of our lead tech's being out of action and off work due to injury meaning we have been doubling up out in the shop to try and stay on track.

All boost pills were shipped out last week via USPS unfortunately our online web store has a scripting issue so everything always shows as pending as it will still long after you have received your item, we are working on fixing this but it's a little out of our current in house staff's skill set.

We will be back to our normal phone line coverage as of Monday so nobody should have any issues getting a hold of us from this point forward.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Mike
Old Jul 17, 2010, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Sorry for the lack of response, we have been swamped recently and it has been compounded with one of our lead tech's being out of action and off work due to injury meaning we have been doubling up out in the shop to try and stay on track.

All boost pills were shipped out last week via USPS unfortunately our online web store has a scripting issue so everything always shows as pending as it will still long after you have received your item, we are working on fixing this but it's a little out of our current in house staff's skill set.

We will be back to our normal phone line coverage as of Monday so nobody should have any issues getting a hold of us from this point forward.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Mike
Thank you very understandable, makes me feel better knowing it is at least out. and very nice on the very quick phone response once u noticed my issue from the post time stamps and when you called.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

I'll defend GST to the death! I have had very good service from them whenever I call, great group of guys to hang with too!

Taking the car there was the best "mod" I have done thus far and deff made the 12 hour round trip driving marathon worth it!

They'll tune my car into the 10's next...then hopefully into the low 9's next year on E-85.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

I've been waiting almost two weeks for a boost pill, that was supposedly shipped on July 12th. It's kind of ticking me off, and getting no response from GST, although understandable, is making it worse.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Pills suck anyway, maybe it's a sign that your boost control set-up realy wants a 3 port
Old Jul 22, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Still waiting on it.. but yeah i went with the boost pill cuz i wanted to keep the boost curve and some drivability.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

V7 gear dependant boost control
Old Jul 22, 2010, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sometimes stuff like this can happen, but GST is a great shop. I had some minor work done by them before and was very happy with their quality and service. They are the only other shop out here I would let work on my car.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

I've had 3 tunes so far at GST and everytime i came away with very very positive experiences. Car made more reliable power everytime i went there. They answered all my questions and were always very accomodating.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Wow almost 2 wks and no Boost Pills. I'm guessing they never shipped it out.
Originally Posted by jkennedy293
I've been waiting almost two weeks for a boost pill, that was supposedly shipped on July 12th. It's kind of ticking me off, and getting no response from GST, although understandable, is making it worse.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Nevermind.

Last edited by jkennedy293; Jul 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

anyone ever had bad experiences with tuning with them? I've heard good things about Mike's tuning, but can you specifically ask for him to tune your car?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by khmerpimpin
anyone ever had bad experiences with tuning with them? I've heard good things about Mike's tuning, but can you specifically ask for him to tune your car?

Bryan has been providing free base maps for the Ralliart on this forum, and they have been pretty solid. I've heard nothing but positive things from his tunes.

Quick Reply: GST Motorsports. Is it a rip?