Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

what version do i have?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rxracer
Like i stated earlier, there was no packages in 03.
you have a 2003 evo, with the only opiotions in 2003, the large wing and sunroof.
ssl and rs didnt come till 2004.
Although, there were no packages in 03. It would still fall under the package of the GSR due to the previous Evo trims. There have been an RS version of the Evo V and a RS version of the Evo VI (TME). All other packages with electrical options would be the GSR!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Remixx02
Although, there were no packages in 03. It would still fall under the package of the GSR due to the previous Evo trims. There have been an RS version of the Evo V and a RS version of the Evo VI (TME). All other packages with electrical options would be the GSR!

while I would normally agree with you, i disagree this time, due to the fact there isnt any other "packages" avalable in 2003.
so really you bought a 2003 evo, not a gsr just an evo. if you want to compare it to other it would be comparable to a GSR, but in 2003 there wasnt any defined packages.
so he has a 03 evo, that is equiped similar to a GSR, except for the HID's, Intercooler sparyer (correct me if im wrong on this one), and sunroof.
figured i would put my last .02 in on this.
Rob
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

while I would normally agree with you, i disagree this time, due to the fact there isnt any other "packages" avalable in 2003.
so really you bought a 2003 evo, not a gsr just an evo. if you want to compare it to other it would be comparable to a GSR, but in 2003 there wasnt any defined packages.
so he has a 03 evo, that is equiped similar to a GSR, except for the HID's, Intercooler sparyer (correct me if im wrong on this one), and sunroof.
figured i would put my last .02 in on this.
Rob

Sunroof's came on some of the earlier GSR Evo models... I could be wrong, but it's a GSR..

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I want to say they had different UKDM and JDM packages of the 03 Evo VIII. Maybe didn't bring the packages to the US due to introduction reasons.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Remixx02
Sunroof's came on some of the earlier GSR Evo models... I could be wrong, but it's a GSR..

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I want to say they had different UKDM and JDM packages of the 03 Evo VIII. Maybe didn't bring the packages to the US due to introduction reasons.
im not sure on UK packages. so ill give ya that one, but i do belvie the sunroof was an option on a GSR not standard equipment. it was standard on the SSL package. either way, more or less his car is what would be called a base model.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

im not sure on UK packages. so ill give ya that one, but i do belvie the sunroof was an option on a GSR not standard equipment. it was standard on the SSL package. either way, more or less his car is what would be called a base model.

I can agree to that.