Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

most hp on stock exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most hp on stock exhaust?

I have a 380 whp fp green with turbo back exhaust, exhaust mani 02 etc cams etc. BUT my wife is now pregnant....

I have a fujitsubo exhaust and its pretty quiet, but its still too loud to carry an infant. If I put the stock cat in, im sure it'll be more quiet, but say if I put the entire stock exhaust, how much hp do you guys think I will lose.

Could I upgrade to a fp red or black and make up that lost hp with the stock exhaust?

Whats the most I could get on stock exhaust?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a similar thread that you could relate to. Some good opinions there... Read it!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...aust-back.html
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

I'm pretty sure you'll lose like +30 whp with the stock exhaust.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:28 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jojipoji
I have a fujitsubo exhaust and its pretty quiet, but its still too loud to carry an infant.
Why don't you try a HFC first? The Fujitsubo isn't that much less restrictive than stock. FWIW, I've carted around two infants in a car significantly louder and stiffer than the Evo. They never really cared. Kids are much more durable than their parents.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have someone - either a local muffler shop or someone like DB - fab up a second muffler that will fit where your TP is now. This will not hurt performance and will still quiet things down a bit. Check with DB's brother; he did have a very quiet EVO with two mufflers, and may still.

Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by FJF
Why don't you try a HFC first? The Fujitsubo isn't that much less restrictive than stock. FWIW, I've carted around two infants in a car significantly louder and stiffer than the Evo. They never really cared. Kids are much more durable than their parents.

More than true, I'd cruise it, the deep huummmmmm while cruising home might put the little tyke fast asleep. Bonus!

Congrats, by the way.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
+1. I carried my nephew when he was little in my MR2 turbo track car a few times. It was fully gutted , no cats,2502 lbs with coilovers. He loved it actually. One time I had to have my sister drive it for me across town, ~10 miles, she said she it gave her a headache for the rest of the day and said something to the effect about feeling her internal organs jumping around..lol
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have a stock exhaust and the power dropoff was substantial. go with a quieter exhaust such as the greddy evo2 exhaust and a HFC and you should be good to go.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 09:17 PM

If you do decide to go more restrictive just keep in mind you may have to get retuned!