Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Damn, a fix it ticket!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would agree man whats with these terrible *** choppers and Harley my car is low enough that when they pass me trying to open that "hog" up yet it's still choking it's self it's right in my ear terrible sorry to hear this man Good luck !
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive gotten 1 ticket like that. Just put it back to stock and take it over and youll be done with. I got pulled over the other day coming home from work and i asked the officer why he stopped me, he said oh you have a different color hood (cf hood). He ended up giving me ticket which later got dismissed. =)
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

silencer time............
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4RETECH
Well as you guys know. I drive a lot.

This morning while passing my local state trooper under an overpass doing 65MPH, he decided to pull me over.

I'm like what the hell. He said the reason he pulled me over was that he hear my car coming and going. The exhaust is way too loud, I was like really??

Anyway, funny thing was, he looked in my car saw my uniform on the seat and he asked where I worked. Next thing you know he's like I'll stop by the dealership to check out the Ferrari's and he hands me a Fix it ticket.

The thing that gets me is that while I was on the side of the road, 2 Subi's passed me loud as all hell and a couple of Harleys.

I guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and he had his window down.

Maybe one day I will have someone drive my car so I can hear how loud it really is.

What do you guys do when this happens, if ever to you??
Throw on a stock exhaust and drive it to the station??
I live in Albany and drive an X but my sales territroy brings me down your way as I cover Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, and Sullivan counties. I'm fortunate enough not to have to drive my X since my employer gives me a company car.

Eventhough it's less than a two hour drive from me to you I've noticed there is significantly more ricers in your area than I would hope to ever see in my life. Every time I'm on 84, 87 or 17 I'm flanked by POS Hondas and their obnoxious exhausts.

It's people like that with their unfast cars and retarded mods acting like dicks that ruin it for the rest of us who just like to mod and cruise and that aren't launching at every stoplight.

It's unfortunate that Evo owners are lumped together with these cretons and while I'm sure any cop can tell the difference between a real enthusiast and the jackasses that try to race us most are just trying to fill their quota for the month and could care less.

Like the OP said it was a case of the wrong place at the wrong time but there is plenty of other people more deserving especially when you're just driving the speed limit.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

i just coast in neutral and if i do get pulled over i show him my military ID gets me out of alot of tickets =]
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Well, first off cops don't give a rat a$$ what your driving. The just want the state money to come in.

Secondly,
you must be ignorant to think every evo owner drives smart. Trust me, there are plenty of dumb evo drivers on the road because they think there crap doesn't stink because they have awd and a turbo..

lastly,
Just because a some of the honda's you are looking at are retardly done, there are many honda's that will give many evo's a run for their money... So why are you lumping every honda owner into one group?

I true enthuisast enjoys all cars, new, old, stock to rebuilt to race.

loud exhaust is a stupid ticket.... flat out, don't care if you are in a honda crx or in a lambo!!

Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon
I live in Albany and drive an X but my sales territroy brings me down your way as I cover Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, and Sullivan counties. I'm fortunate enough not to have to drive my X since my employer gives me a company car.

Eventhough it's less than a two hour drive from me to you I've noticed there is significantly more ricers in your area than I would hope to ever see in my life. Every time I'm on 84, 87 or 17 I'm flanked by POS Hondas and their obnoxious exhausts.

It's people like that with their unfast cars and retarded mods acting like dicks that ruin it for the rest of us who just like to mod and cruise and that aren't launching at every stoplight.

It's unfortunate that Evo owners are lumped together with these cretons and while I'm sure any cop can tell the difference between a real enthusiast and the jackasses that try to race us most are just trying to fill their quota for the month and could care less.

Like the OP said it was a case of the wrong place at the wrong time but there is plenty of other people more deserving especially when you're just driving the speed limit.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evosam726
i just coast in neutral and if i do get pulled over i show him my military ID gets me out of alot of tickets =]

That only works in non-military towns.

You show them your military ID around here they will be like "So what!" In fact it might hurt your chances even more around here for getting out of it showing your military ID since I'm willing to bet 9 out of 10 people pulled over for jackassery are military.

I've been pulled for speeding about 5 times and running a stop sign twice (it was a hill in a neighborhood that nobody ever drove down). They always let me go and I'm a civilian.

My Evo now is much louder than I would like it to be, but no cops ever give me any crap. I dunno, it might have to do with the fact that I don't drive in a way that calls attention to myself. Or the cops here just aren't as worried about loud exhausts. I definitely feel for the people who get harassed in this way especially with all the Harley f*gs that damn near blow your ear drums out making a lane change.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Evoryder
coast in neutral past him
exactly what i do. I work in SW Virginia and cops are horrible there. But I've never been stopped or even looked at in the evo.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 09:12 PM

If you don't know any cops I'm afraid you'll probably have to throw your stock exhaust back on .. This is why I'm glad I have a stealth exhaust. Maybe you can consider one. Gl
Old Jul 24, 2010, 09:18 PM

i havent really read the thread fully. but motorcycles SHOULD have loud exhausts. they are smaller vehicles and sometimes are hard to see. asking a officer why he doesnt pull over a harley or a motorcycle in general is ignorant. at least if they cant be seen by drivers they can be heard. im sure many of you have friends who ride, ask them how many close-calls they've had because of careless drivers. last thing the need is to be as quiet as a car
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:45 PM

As a law enforcement officer i will throw my two cents in on this thread haha I own an Evo and everyone in my department of 20 guys loves my car.. My chief even drives it from time to time. Couple other guys have srts and one owns an sti all with modded exhausts. I have never stopped a car for exhaust violation. however if i get some ricer kid with a civic raising trouble than of course i have to stop him. Then again who likes rice burners with fart cans .. lol
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

i just coast in neutral and if i do get pulled over i show him my military id gets me out of alot of tickets =]
+1
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

got out of a lot with this one
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by evo8boy87
As a law enforcement officer i will throw my two cents in on this thread haha I own an Evo and everyone in my department of 20 guys loves my car.. My chief even drives it from time to time. Couple other guys have srts and one owns an sti all with modded exhausts. I have never stopped a car for exhaust violation. however if i get some ricer kid with a civic raising trouble than of course i have to stop him. Then again who likes rice burners with fart cans .. lol
also as an law enforement officer-wow this is the reason people dont like cops these days,because of cops like you. thats why i have a hard time with people i pull over for things.because of cops like you. i drive a modded civic some times i do drive fast just like every person does but you sit here and would pull me over because u think i am a ricer. i am glad i am not in your state because if i was you would be calling ur shift commander to where you pulled me over and i would rip you a new one in front of he/she.why dont you learn to be a cop agan. your here to protect and serve. not show you have power or to **** over. get the hell out of the force.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

darn..unlucky you..just wrong place at wrong time.

if I ever get stopped for that reason before the officer leaves my i will ask "so what do you guys do about all the chopper motorcycles that are 1000x more obnoxious?"

hey, they have to make money somehow because taxes are not enough it seems.

what about just temporarily replacing the cat back section? as you are a tech, you are able to do work on your own.

Last edited by evo unknown; Jul 25, 2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: additional comment