Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

dual exhaust on VIII

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dual exhaust on VIII

so i was looking around online and was i ran into an exhaust on the ETS website but its for the evo X, now i havent seen any but do you think anyone is running a dual evo X exhaust on their VIII or IX?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt it. Why put a dual exhaust system when it was designed for a single? Plus you would have to cut up the bumper to make room for the second muffler.

Also I bet a dual will weigh more than the single exhaust so I dont see a point in having a dual exhaust especially on a 4 banger.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
the exhaust simply does not fit on the 8/9
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

im not too worried about cutting the hole in the bumper since i am going to be putting a jdm rear bumper on an was just thinkin about it since the X's have dual exhaust why cant an 8/9, i think the V2 looks like it would almost just bolt up ya know what i mean, im jsut sayin, an i seen it photo shopped somewhere online i just dont reember where it was
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by section8evo
im not too worried about cutting the hole in the bumper since i am going to be putting a jdm rear bumper on an was just thinkin about it since the X's have dual exhaust why cant an 8/9, i think the V2 looks like it would almost just bolt up ya know what i mean, im jsut sayin, an i seen it photo shopped somewhere online i just dont reember where it was
I don't think there will be any performance gains from doing this, and you will be adding weight vs a single pipe, but if its the look you want, try it out and be a pioneer and post it up.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, im deffently thinkin about doing it, im a big fan of the dual exhaust and seeing it on a jdm would be prett sick too an like i said i dont really care about the weight, cause anything is lighter than the stock one and im not too worried about the performace either since i have some other things planed for the my evo
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
If it makes you happy, then go for it. Personally, I think it'll be a huge waste of time and money with zero gain.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

well i mean it would deffently be something different, and thats one thing i was going for
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

But are there that many Evos in your area that would make you want to set yours apart from others?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

well yeah, my brother has the exact same car an "the lot" where everyone goes on fri an sat nights, there is atleast 3 other tarmac VIII's besides me an my bro an 2 of them are wingless like mine an it kinda sucks cause they all look the same an not to mention all of us have BR exhausts or magnaflows so its just something to stand out ya know
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

If you want to stand out, I think a dual exhaust conversion on an Evo VIII is one of the last things you should do. That's pretty ricey. Maybe go with some crazy colored wheels or something.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

i agree with the added weight and the probability of zero gains but I think if you look at it from a show-stopper side of things where people want one-offs or a little more show-than-go, then this could be a good option. It could also open the door for other vendors to increase their lines and possible profits to offer such things as dual-exhaust bumpers and various cat-back/TB kits. These are one of those things where it is for some but not for others, but just like anything out there.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

well either way i was just throwing it out there ya know, and i have a friend with an X who has the ETS V2 exhaust an its a CBE, an all me an him need to do is see if it will just bolt up to mine an if so im just gonna swap exhaust with him an cut my rear bumper, being that i work at a body shop i aint too worried about cutting it to make it if an i think it would be an awesome thing to maybe get it on a dyno an see if we get any gains and like ya side get some vendors who are willing to work with me too ya know, thats why i was think it
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:24 AM

here is a pic for you,

not my cup of tea, but the jdm replica bumpers they sell are cut out for dual exahaust.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:25 AM

http://www.spc.org.uk/mitsubishi/varis-evo.html[/URL]

Check this out. It was done on an older model evo why not an 8/9? Do whatever you want my man.

Quick Reply: dual exhaust on VIII