Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who Runs a Quartermaster Twin?!?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who Runs a Quartermaster Twin?!?

Hey Guys,

Had a quick question..This clutch was so aggressive when i got it..between every shift you could feel it jerk no matter how easy i was with it..did couple adjustments with the TB cable & Bleed the clutch and now it feels not so nasty.

Who has experienced when one of these things start to go..and what does it feel like, does it soften up, or just slips.. Got about 2300,miles on it just DDriving it.

Lemme know. Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

ANybody???
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by OneCrzyEvo21
Hey Guys,

Had a quick question..This clutch was so aggressive when i got it..between every shift you could feel it jerk no matter how easy i was with it..did couple adjustments with the TB cable & Bleed the clutch and now it feels not so nasty.

Who has experienced when one of these things start to go..and what does it feel like, does it soften up, or just slips.. Got about 2300,miles on it just DDriving it.

Lemme know. Thanks!
i have it. from the day it was new to now i would say if broke in nicely. its not a clutch for the people who enjoys DD and wants to put around without issue. it can be done but it for sure requires thinking. mine has around 4k on it with about 25 drag passes on it. it is still super touchy and holding great.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

have 1700 miles on mine and no issues yet.. its really not that bad for DD as some peeps say..
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:39 AM
Evolving Member

LoL, i just bought one today from another EvoM member. From what i here its a nasty clutch, but im okay with that, and only like $300 to rebuild?! Thats nothing.

Hell it took me a couple weeks to get use to my ACT 6 puck, im sure itll take alot longer with the QM.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

No don't get me wrong, the clutch is nasty and aggressive, but not as bad as people make it seem..the reason i ask is because i made couple adjustments to my T/B cable, bled the clutch, and adjusted the Throttle stop and it doesn't feel so nasty to drive anymore..

Just didn't think adjusting little thinkgs like that could cause it to be less aggressive between low rpm shifts, but still touchy at a light..Was kinda confused, like is this thing already wore out!?!? But, it was just me..
Old Jul 30, 2010, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Good info.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

well. my days are up. i would guess i have about 5k miles on my QM twin. and its burnt. done. no more. went to have some tuning done and she let go on the dyno. so there is my story. 5k miles strong. lots of racing and drag passes. and now its over.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDMEVO206
Sad
yea. a bit disappointed but at the same time what could i ask for. this is no supercar like some here but the clutch i think took a beating.

8 10.7 to 10.37 passes, about 35 launches, 5k street miles ''75% city/hills'' and im going to guess 75ish dyno pulls. if you guys followed the thread where the guy machined the hubs and is getting more life from the clutch then i believe this is my problem. the disks looked fine actually. just started to slip on the dyno and me and sean called it quits until he fix's it.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just do a search lots of info about this clutch from when i put it in a year or two ago i even posted a quick vid of the noise it makes when the clutch is depressed.

NO it's not your everyday DD type clutch it's meant for holding a good amount of TQ while allowing you to retain quick shifts due to it's small diameter and lesser mass than other clutches but with the cermatallic disks engagement is harsh and when it heats up even harsher.