Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What's hapenning in Evo World??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's hapenning in Evo World??

Hi everyone. I've been out of the Evo scene since the summer started and I haven't driven my car at all, I feel miserable lol I just have no idea what the heck is going on around here.

I would read every single thread thats been posted for the past 3 months but my eyes would probably bleed by then I have read a couple just now but its impossible to keep up.

I need some help, what is the coolest thing/upgrade that's happenned since the summer started? Any new turbos? Cams? Manifolds? links to the thread would be cool

I know the BBKB finally came out and RockmanX finally came out of his closet.... or maybe not yet whats up rock...

If you don't care it's fine I just feel like a dam newbie and I was trying to catch up to the World to see which mods I should spend my $$ on next

thanks and sorry for being an attention w-****
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, like you I was out of the scene for a few months but have gained interest in upgrading my car again. I've been reading the board for the last few days.

- The BBK-B seems to be doing well in testing but isn't for sale yet. There should be some more testing results coming from GST tuning in Cali very soon.
- HKS just released a turbo for sale which may interest you. There haven't been any dyno results from end users posted up just yet though. It's supposed to spool faster than stock and still make mid-level power.
- People are making huge power with FPBlack on built motors and E85 or other high octane fuels. Some are saying this turbo makes a full blown 35R kit a waste of money. Some are saying the HTA35's still can't be beat. I haven't seen many results from stock block, 91 octane, street car people. Also, it still remains to be seen if the upgraded oil lines will prevent premature failure of this turbo and the Reds.
-There is an FPHTAGreen now as well. I haven't seen any comparisons to the BBKFull on this board but I found this page which has some good info from the same car running both. http://www.evoowned.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10366 Oops, I guess you can't link to other evo websites from this forum. You'll have to type that url in.

- The BBKFull was shown by CBRD to beat up on your Tomei ARMS pretty badly I sorry to say.

That's all I can think of for now. Enjoy all the new-to-you threads.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

^^wow i really need to catch up, i was just reading the BBK thread thats crazy, that thing will make 500 dynojet which is nutz for pump gas...
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

4G64's are the new fad, i went with is mainly cuz the price since i have a hole in my 63 block.

cheap, more displacement, people are tinkering with high compression ratios,.. i went with 10:1.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by still*boostn
4G64's are the new fad, i went with is mainly cuz the price since i have a hole in my 63 block.

cheap, more displacement, people are tinkering with high compression ratios,.. i went with 10:1.
Not fad Proven street motor.

Power is up, failure is down, GSC is still the king ISH, Magnus has pimp intake manifolds, I am having fun....profit?

aaron
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yes and my car is alive why dont you read up some on my thread or watch the video in my sig. so you can see my closet come to life in action. BTW i still have the record for fastest closet on evom. and mona lisa and my custom radiator pipes are beastly. there is a semi war with stock frame manifolds and black guys shutting down the competion and making it hard to want a 35r turbo. mike@awdmotorsport made 713whp 687tq something like that and ran 9.33 with a black. Blkcarbonevo made 625whp at 25psi with his fp black and Custom made GSC cams. Things are looking good for fp turbos. no offense to others dont waste funds with tomei turbos and hks turbos fp is making it great to make stupid power and retain spool. The bbkb is here but i have not seen anything on it yet.

Last edited by RockmanX; Jul 30, 2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Wow rock your thread is over 100 pages, cliff notes please lol jk...I'm about to watch the video. Yea the black seems to be at the top of everyones wish list, how much do they make on pump gas? All I see is E85
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Not fad Proven street motor.

Power is up, failure is down, GSC is still the king ISH, Magnus has pimp intake manifolds, I am having fun....profit?

aaron
Aaron, quick question for you sir, is this honestly worth it? I'm think about this but not sure about the power vs. $$ benefit

My set-up:

MAP Rev3 IM
65mm TB
Kelford 272s

Future set-up?:
Magnus V5
Bomba TB
GSC S2 cams
Adjustable cam gear

Keep in mind that the total would be close or even over $2K in parts + labor. Everybody is welcomed to answer this if they like to.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just go with the MagnusV5 and GSC S2's with GSC beehives...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Just go with the MagnusV5 and GSC S2's with GSC beehives...
Thanks Freddie, what I was asking is that if it's worth it to switch from the set-up I have now(Map, kelford) to the (GSC, magnus) set up
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I know and tht is what I was telling you to switch to That is always if your budget allows it...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Well if you ask me its the same ol **** the same questions the same power makers... just bigger numbers..
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
agree with freddie on this one. sent you pm pic buddy
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Replied rock...btw did the 3" 02 dump come out already, what's the deal with that? I really want to change my EPM out.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 01:44 PM

gt98r