Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What happened to all the evo 7's?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened to all the evo 7's?

For some reason, on ebay and almost everywhere i have almost never seen an evo 7 up for sale. Even on the KBB, when getting a quote on a used car, the earliest model that you can pick for an evo is 2003, which is an evo 8.

So whats the deal with them?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 03:30 PM

oops- sorry for posting it here, meant to post in evo 1-9 forum
Old Aug 1, 2010, 04:15 PM

They were never sold here in the states. The 2003 Evo 8 was the first Evo brought to the USA.

I don't know about Bahrain though, I'm guessing it's the same?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was about to say you are a very ill informed evo owner then i saw you didn't have one so i guess your question can pass lol=) why would you want a seven any way?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 04:56 PM

Hmm, funny. Cause i am looking at an evo here, which is an evo 7. Dont ask me why im not looking to buy a used 9 or 8, because where i live, at the moment this is theo nly available evo in the country available for sale. The guy who has it claims that it was shipped from the states by the dealer here in bahrain, because they also never sold evo 7's here. He has all the proof that it was shipped from the US but i dont know which state. Also the gage is in miles in the big numbers and in smaller its in kilometers, and the milage on the dashboard is in miles. Over here the cars come with the speedometer only in kilometers and the milage is in kilometers. So its surely a car from the states.

Here is the ad for it, pics are in it.

http://www.expatriates.com/cls/10844000.html

Oh, and incase you guys are wondering why it looks like an evo 9 from the back, well thats because the seller claims to have an evo 9 body kit on it. ( he said only for the rear) but the headlights are original.

Makes me wonder if he is lying. Because the car was brought in to bahrain in 2001, by a sheikh ( very rich dude from the bahrain royal family), but he got it early because he paid extra and got the 2002 model. It looks very much like the evo 8 from the inside, the knob on the stickshift is metallic blue, and its also got the tarmac gravel and snow option, unlike the 2001's which i heard supposedly came without the snow option.

Last edited by pb91; Aug 1, 2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WE have never never never sold evo 7 here in the US. only what europe and japan. the only evo 7s here are either conversions people have done are there are some people that have imported evo 7s but again extremely hard to get them registered. so i would call that paper work false unless they got it from a buyer over here that had it imported orginally. My question is if they dont have any evos over there why would you invest in one. Unless your doing every bit of the work yourself means no actual evo shops to work on it if something goes wrong.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:10 PM

The dealer here services it, he had it dealer maintained with receipts. I remember him also telling me that he checked the VIN number online and also said it was an 02. Anyway, you can tell from the front lights that its an evo 7. And it cant be from europe or japan because its a left hand drive. and like i said the dashboard is 100% american.

The dealer here now sells evo 10's. any of the 9's or 8's that are here were importted from nearby where i live, but overall there are bearly any evos ( excluding evo 10s)
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats a evo 7 for sure!!! id say the paper are fake too, no 7's here in the states. it does look sharp tho
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:17 PM

Yea, he wants about $ 18,400 for it, but ima offer him 17k for it, if he accepts then im taking it.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:27 PM

So wait, come to think of it. The car is insured 3rd party and registered, so does that mean if i get in an accident and i am not at fault, meaning the insurance will have to fix my car no matter what, and would have to ship the parts from europe under their expense?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pb91
Anyway, you can tell from the front lights that its an evo 7. And it cant be from europe or japan because its a left hand drive. and like i said the dashboard is 100% american.
A local guy has an imported VII and it's left hand drive, I believe it was originally from the Netherlands. I'm pretty sure the speedo is also in MPH. It's very possible that car was imported to the US, then re-exported, but it is not an original USDM vehicle.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

There were some 7's here in the US, i don't know about for sale but my best friends uncle worked for Mitsubishi for 15 years in the California division. He's actually the one that tested and fine tuned the suspension for the USDM Evo 8's, he was also in the rally car department and actually in like 2000-2001 Mitsu in Japan sent him multiple Evo 7's to Cali for testing, he kept one of them but I don't think he has it anymore. So there are a couple legal ones out there, of course none USDM spec.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
There were some 7's here in the US, i don't know about for sale but my best friends uncle worked for Mitsubishi for 15 years in the California division. He's actually the one that tested and fine tuned the suspension for the USDM Evo 8's, he was also in the rally car department and actually in like 2000-2001 Mitsu in Japan sent him multiple Evo 7's to Cali for testing, he kept one of them but I don't think he has it anymore. So there are a couple legal ones out there, of course none USDM spec.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

its actually not that bad... and tbh I dont like 7's, so thats saying something... =)
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:02 PM
rh9

pb91,

I have a highly modded evo7 here for sale (Bahrain) ...if you're interested pm me

Quick Reply: What happened to all the evo 7's?