Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So my stock evo was denied warranty.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=oneofakindtrini;8561727]
Originally Posted by Bnyqueens
Hey guys, I recently brought my 2006 MR for an ACD problem where all 3 of them would light up at once and front end thump. The car is basically stock which is what makes me laught. Anyways I brought it to STAR Mitsubishi and I was denied warranty because the said my front fender was painted and is missing the VIN number and also said my hook bushings are missing thats why my warranty is denied.

They diagnosed the ACD Pump as falling apart and telling me I need new struts , tie rods , and all kinds of bushings and want me to pay for this.

Anyways I explained to them why was the front fender reported because it was rubbed on a parking pole and it was fixed + resprayed and I even have pictures. I really cant believe he said this to me, it felt like he killed my dog or something. Anyways this was just a short rant.

I cant believe it I stayed away from modding this car and I got denied warranty because of a resprayed front fender. I called Mitsubishi NA right away and I hope they can help me. A nice lady picked up the phone at Mitsubishi N/A and asked me for my VIN and what happen and she took down my information she said my vehicle has a clean title and she has no clue why was my warranty work declined.

Plus I have service my subaru's there before many many times before because they are STAR MITSUBISH/SUBARU.
QUOTE]

Correct me if i'm wrong, but would removal of a vin tag void the warranty?
why would it lol some of us mod our exteriors BESIDES you should never buy a evo for warranty i tell everybody that the dealership will try everything to void you because they know what people do with these cars LOL. dont buy a evo if you expect the warranty to save you . Your warranty is your wallet
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Drew_FL;8561761]
Originally Posted by Bnyqueens

The thing is, youre not getting it void because you painted the fender, but because DAMAGE was done to the area? I dont know.
The service receptionist stated the warranty is voided on these repairs / parts because the fender was replaced / redone and because it has no vin on the fender and bumper. This is bull**** because the bumper does have a VIN plate on it and its very visible. So my warranty is denied on these repairs / parts, anyways Im just trying to purse what is right, I dont have the intentions to lie to the dealership and save my *** because I abused the car. But from doing a lot of reading online the ACD pump seems like a very common issue. Also the thumping in the drivers front end seems like a common issue this is why I brought it to the dealership in good faith.

Im not looking for a hand out im just gathering opinions on what you guys feel. Did the dealership do the right thing by denying me warranty ? Was it a legit reason ? How do you feel because they denied me warranty on such a small cause ?

Last edited by Bnyqueens; Aug 6, 2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

That's horse**** and contacting Mitsubishi NA was a better choice than fighting with the dealership about it. If you do decide to get a lawyer involved, go after them for not only voiding your warranty but also have them pay for the legal fees.

I hope everything works out for you.

To the the person that commented on the calipers being replaced, Mitsubishi did in fact allow dealerships to replace the calipers as a result of paint fading/cracking, etc on vehicles with <36k miles. I know since the local dealership is th one who brought it up but unfortunately I was not eligible since my car had 41k on it at the time.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 06:54 PM

Ill keep you guys updated tomorrow see what Mitsubishi North America tells me tomorrow. I still have not picked up my evolution from the dealership I let it sit there just incase they try to state that they told me that the pump is broken and I still took the car to drive.

I miss my car dammit it was a beautiful sunday I could have been cruising
Old Aug 9, 2010, 01:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Updates?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in Clifton, NJ. My evo is bone stock too and had the same issue as you, all ACD lights lit up at the sametime. Took it in to Paramus mitsubishi, they replaced my ACD pump under warranty. Also had my brembo calipers replaced recently due to peeling at Paramus mitsubishi without any issues. I have 55000 miles on my car. Rob at Paramus is a great guy, try them.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had issues with Star as well for a transmission issue. They denied my appointment after I drove all the way there 4hrs from Boston, then i had to bribe them just to look at it, then they misdiagnosed it as a throwout bearing, then they said they couldnt cover it under warranty because control bearings are wear and tear. So they sent me to another place to get the bearing done for $400. I got charged $800 there (ugh) and then they explained that it didnt fix the problem. I had several tickets open with Mitsu NA and the truth is-- they cant do anything. Star is independently owned and they cant make them do anything. I also filed with the BBB and NYC Consumer Affairs. I also filed complaints with the place in Queens that sold me the car and warranty. Ultimately I paid a ton of money to a proper transmission place in NH to make sure the job would get done right.

Bottom line- Im done with Mitsu stealerships... and yes, the ones around Boston are just as terrible.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by mbamrah
I live in Clifton, NJ. My evo is bone stock too and had the same issue as you, all ACD lights lit up at the sametime. Took it in to Paramus mitsubishi, they replaced my ACD pump under warranty. Also had my brembo calipers replaced recently due to peeling at Paramus mitsubishi without any issues. I have 55000 miles on my car. Rob at Paramus is a great guy, try them.
Lucky you, I got denied and I yelled at Mitsubishi NA told them they are useless.
Im not dealing with this stuff anymore since I need to see so many doctors for the problems im having now. I need to relax and not stress about this car.

Those idiots didnt even do the oil change I requested to be done stupid fools. I showed the " SERVICE ADVISER " the pictures of the fender, and I told him that he should be ashamed of himself and that the whole dealership should be ashamed for pulling these kind of bull**** conspiracy's on people.

Last edited by Bnyqueens; Aug 15, 2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

my tranny didn't get warrantied back in 06 because my car was lowered
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:34 PM

Magnuson moss warranty act covers it unless they can prove that the ACD failed because of the accident. look up Magnuson moss warranty act pretty sure they will have to cover it and cant denie you service without proving that something else caused it to fail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Wow that sux, I got my ACD replaced under warrenty with cams, exhaust, and a 30r kit?? Guess it depends on the dealership.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Keep fighting them, eventually once you get high enough up in the hierarchy someone will tell the service manager to f off and do the work. You just have to be persistent and provide your pictures and you'll be alright.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Do a ACD Pump diagnostic by putting the car to "on" and then pressing the Gas pedal all the way down. See if you can hear the pump. At least that way you can tell if it is mechanical or electrical.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

i understand how you feel when my manager deny a warranty fix because of something like this (i work in a dealership as a tech) to only boost their CP(customer pay) sell for the month.
im not saying thats the case here but it happens, maybe you should try another more reasonable dealer?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

man i hate dealerships! good luck bro.

Quick Reply: So my stock evo was denied warranty.