Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So my stock evo was denied warranty.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2010, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So my stock evo was denied warranty.

Hey guys, I recently brought my 2006 MR for an ACD problem where all 3 of them would light up at once and front end thump. The car is basically stock which is what makes me laught. Anyways I brought it to STAR Mitsubishi and I was denied warranty because the said my front fender was painted and is missing the VIN number and also said my hood bushings are missing thats why my warranty is denied.

They diagnosed the ACD Pump as falling apart and telling me I need new struts , tie rods , and all kinds of bushings and want me to pay for this.

Anyways I explained to them why was the front fender reported because it was rubbed on a parking pole and it was fixed + resprayed and I even have pictures. I really cant believe he said this to me, it felt like he killed my dog or something. Anyways this was just a short rant.

I cant believe it I stayed away from modding this car and I got denied warranty because of a resprayed front fender. I called Mitsubishi NA right away and I hope they can help me. A nice lady picked up the phone at Mitsubishi N/A and asked me for my VIN and what happen and she took down my information she said my vehicle has a clean title and she has no clue why was my warranty work declined.

Plus I have service my subaru's there before many many times before because they are STAR MITSUBISH/SUBARU.

I asked the guy a simple question does he deny everyone's warranty that had the bumper resprayed ? He couldnt answer that.

Here are some quick pictures for referance.

Last edited by Bnyqueens; Aug 6, 2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Those people are crazy bro.... good luck with calling mitsu.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

That's so lame, I'm usually pretty nice but I can get pretty loud and angry at crap like that, they don't like that too much on the sales floor.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

straight b.s. . you have a lot of patience
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
look at it from their point of view.

the same fender that ACD pump is on is repainted which means it had damage. they assume it was wrecked and the ACD pump is bad because of the wreck. mistu is very **** about their warranty stuff. but they should look into the problem a little more then just a repainted fender and automatically denying you

dont feel bad i was told they wont cover my fading brembo brakes. i said other people have had it covered, he said no they didnt, our mitsubishi rep has told us we will not cover this. def makes me mad that i know they cover this problem and im denied
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
look at it from their point of view.

the same fender that ACD pump is on is repainted which means it had damage. they assume it was wrecked and the ACD pump is bad because of the wreck. mistu is very **** about their warranty stuff. but they should look into the problem a little more then just a repainted fender and automatically denying you

dont feel bad i was told they wont cover my fading brembo brakes. i said other people have had it covered, he said no they didnt, our mitsubishi rep has told us we will not cover this. def makes me mad that i know they cover this problem and im denied
I get it I get it assume the worst right away. It must have had been a huge wreck when the fender is resprayed and it still has the oem bumper and door come on..
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

We had Evo's get warranty dropped here back in 03 (when I had my other tarmac black) because they showed up to the drag strip 35 miles away. One of them didn't even hit the track. They all got nice letters in the mail informing them that their warranty was void. Yay for having an over paranoid franchise owner.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by SDevo13
We had Evo's get warranty dropped here back in 03 (when I had my other tarmac black) because they showed up to the drag strip 35 miles away. One of them didn't even hit the track. They all got nice letters in the mail informing them that their warranty was void. Yay for having an over paranoid franchise owner.
I guess I think I might need to pursue this with a lawyer if mitsubishi refuses to help.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bnyqueens
I guess I think I might need to pursue this with a lawyer if mitsubishi refuses to help.
Where in queens you at and what dealership you brought it to?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Bnyqueens;8561575]Hey guys, I recently brought my 2006 MR for an ACD problem where all 3 of them would light up at once and front end thump. The car is basically stock which is what makes me laught. Anyways I brought it to STAR Mitsubishi and I was denied warranty because the said my front fender was painted and is missing the VIN number and also said my hook bushings are missing thats why my warranty is denied.

They diagnosed the ACD Pump as falling apart and telling me I need new struts , tie rods , and all kinds of bushings and want me to pay for this.

Anyways I explained to them why was the front fender reported because it was rubbed on a parking pole and it was fixed + resprayed and I even have pictures. I really cant believe he said this to me, it felt like he killed my dog or something. Anyways this was just a short rant.

I cant believe it I stayed away from modding this car and I got denied warranty because of a resprayed front fender. I called Mitsubishi NA right away and I hope they can help me. A nice lady picked up the phone at Mitsubishi N/A and asked me for my VIN and what happen and she took down my information she said my vehicle has a clean title and she has no clue why was my warranty work declined.

Plus I have service my subaru's there before many many times before because they are STAR MITSUBISH/SUBARU.
QUOTE]

Correct me if i'm wrong, but would removal of a vin tag void the warranty?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

dont blame you but be carefull... lawyer fee's can add up fast. Could end up costing more then it would 2 just fix the car out of pocket.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by SubieEvoGuy
dont blame you but be carefull... lawyer fee's can add up fast. Could end up costing more then it would 2 just fix the car out of pocket.
I think they want like 5k to fix whatever they found wrong.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:16 PM

[QUOTE=oneofakindtrini;8561727]
Hey guys, I recently brought my 2006 MR for an ACD problem where all 3 of them would light up at once and front end thump. The car is basically stock which is what makes me laught. Anyways I brought it to STAR Mitsubishi and I was denied warranty because the said my front fender was painted and is missing the VIN number and also said my hood bushings are missing thats why my warranty is denied.

QUOTE]

Correct me if i'm wrong, but would removal of a vin tag void the warranty?
I didnt remove the vin the vin is covered up by having the fender fixed by the body shop lol. I brought it to star mitsubishi. I dont see how my whole vehicle warranty is voided by having a fender fixed.

I just dont see how this is a legit reason to void my warranty on the car. The car has a stock clutch still at 47k miles so I think that tells them ugh it still has not been changed / abused.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=Bnyqueens;8561756]
Originally Posted by oneofakindtrini

I didnt remove the vin the vin is covered up by having the fender fixed by the body shop lol. I brought it to star mitsubishi. I dont see how my whole vehicle warranty is voided by having a fender fixed.

I just dont see how this is a legit reason to void my warranty on the car. The car has a stock clutch still at 47k miles so I think that tells them ugh it still has not been changed / abused.
The thing is, youre not getting it void because you painted the fender, but because DAMAGE was done to the area? I dont know.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

i say go after them, because once you put them in place once, i am sure they will be different next time...u must have patience my friend because if it was me the cops would prolly had to remove me from there lol..btw your warranty is fine a resprayed fender will not void the warranty.

Quick Reply: So my stock evo was denied warranty.