Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hid headlights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hid headlights

I was thinking about getting hid for headlights. But are the blue or purple colors good to drive with?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Blue an purple look good but the closer to white you get the better the light output. 6k-8k is the brightest range I believe.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i Have 30k (purple) and they suck, can't see s**t. My opinion is go as close to white as u can. 8k 10k
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Marcac
Blue an purple look good but the closer to white you get the better the light output. 6k-8k is the brightest range I believe.
4300k is OEM...i wouldn't stray far from that bulb temperature. the further you get away from it, the less "usable" light you have.

you might want to do a little more research on hid's and halogen vs. projectors. the blue and purple colors your seeing on oem headlights are from the actual projector, not the type of hid's. my oem MR headlights have nice blue and purple color at the cutoff, but the actual light is pure white...4300k.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by casper3043
4300k is OEM...i wouldn't stray far from that bulb temperature. the further you get away from it, the less "usable" light you have.

you might want to do a little more research on hid's and halogen vs. projectors. the blue and purple colors your seeing on oem headlights are from the actual projector, not the type of hid's. my oem MR headlights have nice blue and purple color at the cutoff, but the actual light is pure white...4300k.
When your facing a wall do your projector cut offs near the far left and right sides drift up? or are they somewhat smooth fades? I only ask this as a few of my friends have acura TL-S and a TSX. I know thier cutoffs are A LOT better then majority of cars out there. Are mine normal in the fact that they seem to drift upwards at the cutoff?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AP1Sean
When your facing a wall do your projector cut offs near the far left and right sides drift up? or are they somewhat smooth fades? I only ask this as a few of my friends have acura TL-S and a TSX. I know thier cutoffs are A LOT better then majority of cars out there. Are mine normal in the fact that they seem to drift upwards at the cutoff?
the flaring up on the sides is normal on some cars to an extent. although it should be more noticeable on the right headlight (usdm spec) since oncoming traffic is on the drivers left. i used tsx projectors previously and they're really nice. although s2k's are probably the sharpest.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

interesting... thanks
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:54 PM

My lights are in the blueish/white spectrum. I really dig them.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:47 PM

the flaring up on the sides is normal on some cars to an extent. although it should be more noticeable on the right headlight (usdm spec) since oncoming traffic is on the drivers left. i used tsx projectors previously and they're really nice. although s2k's are probably the sharpest.
I wasnt talking about the ___/------- aspect of the headlights where the two projector beams meet. rather I was talking about the cut off on the sides either the right or left. so if you were parked parallel to a wall the start of the headlight beam would be presented on the wall right next to the headlight. I was asking is that part of the headlight cut off seem to incline as the light on the wall got closer to the headlight. if that makes any sort of sense lol
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've got 10k and they are great. id look into them they are a shade of blue tho
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

i want some hid light but the ones that come on the 8 jdm headlights