Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Question ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2003, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Question ?

Hi to everyone

I have a stock evo and I really want to know what can I do without buying something more than $ 400.00 bucks to make the performance of the engine better?

I heard that changing a hose of the turbo can have the 19 psi of boost all the time. What is the truth of this ?

Thanks

EDDIE.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 09:47 AM

dude dont go cheap when modifying this car. Just get you a nice electronic boost controller or an exhaust first.there are a lot of options for your money.what is your overall goal and what do you expect? think about this too.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 10:01 AM

I know that with a car like that you have to put good things but I allready have a honda civic b20vtec turbo to race with. So you see I have the best of two worlds. But the evo still my best choice for everything, cruising, aceleration, cornering etc.

What I really want is to make something at home that upgrade the performance of the engine. Later on I will make seriuos changes to the engine of the evo.

EDDIE
Old Nov 22, 2003, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
best bang for the buck is a fuel controller or ecu flash.... jsut buy leaning out the mixture you can pick up 20-30whp
Old Nov 22, 2003, 11:52 AM

What is the best time in 1/4 mile for a stock evo?

But that is stock, taking out of the dealer without anything.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Changing the hose--which removes the restrictor pill has it's share of issues. Many have tried and gone away from it due to boost spikes. I tried and it didn't do much for me.

Dynoflash's mail re-flash at $225 seems like on heck of a bargain. It will pick up about 20whp.

I think I will be trying it soon.