Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

white bumper turned yellow..?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white bumper turned yellow..?

ok, so my car has been torn apart at a shop since may. we put the front bumper inside my car, since space in the shop was getting tight.

upon removing the bumper from my back/front seat, we noticed that a corner of it turned yellow..

without having a picture on hand, it looks like.. well... someone p****d on it . im guessing this part of the bumper was in the window, but that still surprises me since the car sits outside 24/7 at home and school anyway.

any ideas..? i know its hard to describe without a picture, but it just turned shiney and yellow-ish on that corner. will it clay out? buff out? or am i just screwed driving around in a white evo that looks like it hit big bird until i get it re-painted?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Would try just washing that spot first before freaking out. Also this may sound like a dumb question but is the inside of your car clean? like no old burgers or fries?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

haha, nope, no old burgers or fries.. ill try to get a picture tomorrow (just got the car back from the shop tonight, already dark).

looks like the clear is going out.. but how by sitting in a car?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 08:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by From 3 to E
haha, nope, no old burgers or fries.. ill try to get a picture tomorrow (just got the car back from the shop tonight, already dark).

looks like the clear is going out.. but how by sitting in a car?
Its called wax it and wash it more often..Not washing your car and waxing it will cause the paint to fade from the sun and acid rain..
Old Aug 16, 2010, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4doorstreetbike
Its called wax it and wash it more often..Not washing your car and waxing it will cause the paint to fade from the sun and acid rain..
not to sound like a dick or anything (since im open to any and all ideas/solutions/feedback) but its called my car blew the motor and sat at a shop since may. if it was up to me, it would have received better treatment, but sometimes things happen that are out of my control.

back to the issue, the yellow spot is just on one corner, yet the whole car sat outside and the bumper was inside the car. it is very hot down here, but the car has tint? i just dont know why one corner looks like it does, yet the rest of it looks perfectly fine.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Try clay, then some 3M plastic polish. I had alot of yellow staining on my rear bumper and trunk and it came right off.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 02:30 PM

did it turn yellow under the gloss? pics would be nice.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

here you go guys, sorry it took so long.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the yellow part (if you cant tell haha) is on the left side of the picture on the bumper area. if you compare the fender to the bumper, you can see it easily. i shot the pic at this angle so you can see that it blends back to white towards the front of the car.

i tried a spray on wax, but no go on that one. ill try car detail wash soap (doubtful), and claybar (hopefully) once it stops raining.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

oh yeah, and my driveway is jacked up and uneven.. not even a stock evo sits that high