Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Squeaking from Inside

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaking from Inside

Ive posted this in Exterior/Interior section. Need imput guys.

These past couple of weeks, I've notice that while driving, an annoying squeking/loose spring noice would come from inside at high RPM (being that the car shakes more at higher RPM). Its hard to say from exactly where the noice is from but for I'm sure its coming from inside towards the passenger side of the car. Ive inspected the car for lost mice but nothing. The only thing that came to mind is a loose screw in the seats or its brackets. Has anyone ever experienced something like this before?

its a 2006 IX SE.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
A loud whine? Been launching the car lately? Could be the transfer case if it sounds like it's coming from the radio area.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
A loud whine? Been launching the car lately? Could be the transfer case if it sounds like it's coming from the radio area.

Not loud at all. And it doesnt sound mechanical. Think of it as a mattress spring sound.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Yup had a squeak like that once and I found that where the seat belt buckle assembly (for lack of a better term) bolts in to the floor. It would squeak as the buckle assembly pivots on that bolt.

Some white lithium grease spray and haven't heard it in years. Don't know if this is your issue but just put it out there for ya
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Yup had a squeak like that once and I found that where the seat belt buckle assembly (for lack of a better term) bolts in to the floor. It would squeak as the buckle assembly pivots on that bolt.

Some white lithium grease spray and haven't heard it in years. Don't know if this is your issue but just put it out there for ya
Hmmm... I'll try that