Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Shearer Fabrications's Stock Appearing Forward Facing Manifold (Need People!!)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it has a AC solution (Custom lines included and condensor or instructions on what to get from auto store) it will def. be a big seller.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^this.

This kit being able to retain A/C whether it is modified or not would be amazing.

I think it has to, to be able to be a successful idea.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:23 AM
Account Disabled

The use of a Civic condensor is soming you have to do on your own.. Be cleaver with it. Its not a kit that anyone is gonna want to make.

My best idea is to go to a radiator shop.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

As for if FF makes any difference, it makes a HUGE difference! I run a filter on mine most of the time and while at the track I have a custom "pipe or scoop" that replaces the filter. We just going from the filter to the scoop at the shootout added 4 psi. My filter is the same as Buschurs that sticks out the front like this will. Now imagine the difference of moving the filter from burried in the engine bay behind everything to right out in front with good clean air. It really does make a difference.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:26 AM
Former Sponsor

The civic condenser was actually discussed by CBRD as something they wanted to make.. Most members here wont be Clever enough to make it.. if someone makes people will pay.. id rather spend 200.00 more and buy a premade kit then even do it myself.. and i have a shop.. LOL

Mike
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
The civic condenser was actually discussed by CBRD as something they wanted to make.. Most members here wont be Clever enough to make it.. if someone makes people will pay.. id rather spend 200.00 more and buy a premade kit then even do it myself.. and i have a shop.. LOL

Mike
mike if one paid you would you be open to the ideal of make a custom kit??? now i did not say mass produce like if I wanted one would you make just one
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:49 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
As for if FF makes any difference, it makes a HUGE difference! I run a filter on mine most of the time and while at the track I have a custom "pipe or scoop" that replaces the filter. We just going from the filter to the scoop at the shootout added 4 psi. My filter is the same as Buschurs that sticks out the front like this will. Now imagine the difference of moving the filter from burried in the engine bay behind everything to right out in front with good clean air. It really does make a difference.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:15 PM

This thing should be in an art gallery.....
Old Aug 20, 2010, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports

Mike
EXACTLY. I'm not car stupid but I'm far from an expert and I was just as soon buy a complete kit,

Example: If your brand X FF kit for a stock frame (or 6262/HTA86) and its 1000 and you have a Shearer kit that comes with the at least the lines for 1300 or the the lines I would gladly spend the money to get the lines.

That being said I'm still highly interested in this.

If I go big turbo I was going to go with the Buschur FF
Old Aug 28, 2010, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

It would have to be a complete kit with A/C.. Maybe CBRD and Shearer combined could produce it.

I would suggest a special group buy of at least 10 people and watch it sell like candy. I for one would purchase it no questions asked..!!
Old Aug 28, 2010, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So......buy a very expensive manifold, to run a a very expensive turbo, which its price reflects its "bolt on" capabilities. If you want to run ff, why not just get a t3 setup like it has been done in the past. A ff kit for the stock turbo is just a waste of money. Yes you could throw an fpred/white/black on it, but you are paying so much for the fp stuff cause its a bolt on turbo. Why go spend sooo much more money.

With lines, o2 housing and manifold, your gonna have tons of money dumped into this setup, when you could have just went with a ff t3 setup for a lot less, and its will give you more power in the end.

Doesnt make sense to me. I will admit, a ff kit for any turbo is badass, but such a waste on for a bolt on turbo.

just my opinion. I wish you luck on the manifold buy though.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tsidrift1
So......buy a very expensive manifold, to run a a very expensive turbo, which its price reflects its "bolt on" capabilities. If you want to run ff, why not just get a t3 setup like it has been done in the past. A ff kit for the stock turbo is just a waste of money. Yes you could throw an fpred/white/black on it, but you are paying so much for the fp stuff cause its a bolt on turbo. Why go spend sooo much more money.

With lines, o2 housing and manifold, your gonna have tons of money dumped into this setup, when you could have just went with a ff t3 setup for a lot less, and its will give you more power in the end.

Doesnt make sense to me. I will admit, a ff kit for any turbo is badass, but such a waste on for a bolt on turbo.

just my opinion. I wish you luck on the manifold buy though.
pretty simple some people just want a FF stock frame turbo. Again it goes back to the t3 t4 can do this stock frame cant. Make a option because more and more people are sticking with stock frames as now in days they get putting out stupid power numbers 700+ and faster spool so why not have a couple of FF manifolds downpipe o2 house and a/c kit so again its just more on par with the t3/t4 kit offerings. I understand the whole cost effectiveness statement but some people are like ME we dont mind paying for something WE want done even if its custom. least ill know ill be the only one rocking it. NOW if shearer does not make one there will be one made with a/c kit for stock framed stay tuned .
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

What position would it be clock at?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:49 PM
Account Disabled

im so lost on what ur askin lol
Old Sep 7, 2010, 02:55 PM

how can i purchase one? im getting ready to change my setup and i wouldn't mind going back to stock frame turbo if i could purchase this manifold and details?

Quick Reply: Shearer Fabrications's Stock Appearing Forward Facing Manifold (Need People!!)