Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick Question

About to install my hallman pro mbc and I know exactly how and where I'm going to install it. I've already put the heavier spring in it. I'm going to run it from the turbo outlet to the mbc to the wastegate.

I plan on using the 2 caps that came with it to cap off the stock boost solenoid under the intake box.

My question is: what do I do with the vacuum line that comes of the intake that goes to the stock boost solenoid?

I read somewhere that someone capped it by putting a screw in it and zip tying it down. Is there any other way of doing this?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Use the stock vac hoses and plug both nipples on the stock BCS with the same hose (basically loop it to itself).

Cap the nipple that comes out of the intake pipe. I'm pretty sure the cap you used on the BCS will fit on the intake nipple.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; Aug 24, 2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

You can get a rubber plug at autozone to plug it up.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Use the stock vac hoses and plug both nipples on the stock BCS with the same hose (basically loop it to itself).

Cap the nipple that comes out of the intake pipe. I'm pretty sure the cap you used on the BCS will fit on the intake nipple.
Interesting I never would have thought of that. I'll go outside and check to see if the caps fit on the intake nipple right now.

But basically just use a vacuum hose to connect both nipples from the stock solenoid to each other?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc

+1 this is how TTP did mine when the initially tuned me.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by savagejay1
But basically just use a vacuum hose to connect both nipples from the stock solenoid to each other?
Yup.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:51 PM

and then turn it all the way up