Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Want to rebuild a stronger transmission

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to rebuild a stronger transmission

Anybody know any good places in long island, NY or Hampton Roads, VA area that can build a stronger transmission? How difficult is it ot order the internals and rebuild myself? I have rebuilt several engines but never touched the internals of a tranny.. Let me know of any ideas.. how much will it generally cost to rebuild?
Looking to support a 500-600 hp motor. I have two trannys so pretty flexible to what I do with it.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

i would sent it to... http://www.sheptrans.com/
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

+1 to that. That's what most local shops will do anyways.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

also since ur from va beach, u should check out.. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...each-evos.html some other local va beach guys

Last edited by SubieEvoGuy; Aug 25, 2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:46 AM

I may cause the tranny is at my house in long island right now.... and i am in va beach... so either way I look at it, I wil have to ship it.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:11 PM

I'd just ship it to http://www.sheptrans.com/. Saves alot of headache
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:31 PM

I will look into it... money is always a concern.. and its tough to sell these things to my wife. especially since my engine is sitting on a stand right now about to drop it off to get machined so I can rebuilt it with my 2.3 kit that I bought.. and cracked the damn throttle body when I was removing it... on accident.. i swear.. so that I have to replace that now... and while the whole engine is out.. thinkin of things to do so that I dont have to do it after the engine is back in...
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lttldggr
I will look into it... money is always a concern.. and its tough to sell these things to my wife. especially since my engine is sitting on a stand right now about to drop it off to get machined so I can rebuilt it with my 2.3 kit that I bought.. and cracked the damn throttle body when I was removing it... on accident.. i swear.. so that I have to replace that now... and while the whole engine is out.. thinkin of things to do so that I dont have to do it after the engine is back in...
None of these shops " that im aware off" have anything "stronger" than stock. they each claim little trick and cryro stuff, but in the end your getting OEM parts. As i said. From what i believe, a dox box is the only thing different. Unless TRE, shep, and whom ever has access to upgraded stuff that i kno nothing about, Dog box is where its at. Wish i could afford one myself. Please read what ive said before you try to dispute me. Ill even highlight for you my comment.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:48 PM

im sure that a shep trans is a lot stronger thena stock one ^
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbojunkie
None of these shops " that im aware off" have anything "stronger" than stock. they each claim little trick and cryro stuff, but in the end your getting OEM parts. As i said. From what i believe, a dox box is the only thing different. Unless TRE, shep, and whom ever has access to upgraded stuff that i kno nothing about, Dog box is where its at. Wish i could afford one myself. Please read what ive said before you try to dispute me. Ill even highlight for you my comment.
I agree all they do is put there little tricks to them
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbojunkie
totally agree. think thats the first time ive seen it worded though. makes me feel so much worse with my tranny at dog box right now

Last edited by NJ_EveOhVIII; Aug 30, 2010 at 02:57 AM.