Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Injector hell.. is stock fine...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unfortenetly my full mod list is in the hard drive in my car. my domain page is the closes full list. but these are the major ones that i can remember rt now.

Mod list:
kelford 272 evo ix
turbo back greddy ti
forge adjustable wastgage
o2 dump housing
hks re circ bov
perrin 4'' intake
walbro pump

pump 92, also would like to get a tune for 101oc later whenever it becomes available again in my area or find a hook up... for track days

Last edited by gallas; Aug 25, 2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by gallas
yeah see, if it is going to raise the IDC past 80% i want to upgrade.
Ahh why? You know the IDC's go past 100 correct? Can you please just list all of your modifications? I didnt see a fuel pump listed on there. Btw its a tactrix cable not a terrex cable

No offense however based off of what I have seen, you have a lot more research that needs to be done.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

OK there is no reason for you to upgrade your injectors at this time. Upgrade your fuel pump to a walbro 255 and you will be good to go.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by heel2toe
Ahh why? You know the IDC's go past 100 correct? Can you please just list all of your modifications? I didnt see a fuel pump listed on there. Btw its a tactrix cable not a terrex cable

No offense however based off of what I have seen, you have a lot more research that needs to be done.
not quite sure what you mean by that, but dont really care. gona take offense regardless because i strongly disagree with that statement.

and yes i forgot to list fuel pump.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

OK there is no reason for you to upgrade your injectors at this time. Upgrade your fuel pump to a walbro 255 and you will be good to go.
yeah forgot to list walbro, but yes i have it
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

I didnt mean to be disrespectful, so if you took it that way I am sorry. I was simply stating my opinion.

So if you already have a fuel pump then you should be good to go. There is no need to upgrade your injectors at this time
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

I didnt mean to be disrespectful, so if you took it that way I am sorry. I was simply stating my opinion.

So if you already have a fuel pump then you should be good to go. There is no need to upgrade your injectors at this time
No need to apologize, pinched a nerve lol. just assumed you were being rude.

you dont think the injectors will be close to toping, or i would receive any benefit from upgrading? or just a waste of money for rt now.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7975577-post149.html
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

thats similar to what i have read regarding when to upgrade.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

decided im just going to bite the bullet and hold out for a new set to get here.. miss some work but i guess rather be safe than sorry. considering their is somewhat of a debate if i should or not.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

From what I have seen and read the stock injectors are sufficient with the stock turbo. Unless you are running it on kill mode or with e85 then you have no reason to mess with them. Considering you plan to mostly run 92 you will not be able to run enough boost to need new injectors.

And if you are to occasionally run 100 oct or whatever it may be, yes you will be able to crank up the boost, however at the same time your afr can be leaned out a bit.

I am personally spiking 25lbs and holding about 21-22lbs on my stock turbo running 93. Yes I know it is amazing that I am able to hold that much boost. Anyway my car has pretty much all the bolt ons, cams fmic external dump yada yada yada and my only fuel system upgrade was a wally fp.

All in all I see no reason for you to upgrade your injectors at this time. If you plan to upgrade your turbo down the road then go ahead if you would like however the way I see it, the car is going to need to be retuned again anyway so what is the difference? Just my .02
Old Aug 30, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Ok now to another problem i bought those Precision 780s from l888apex. now my tuner is calling me saying that they are to short im assuming. that their must be a space for them or something to connect to the fuel rail. is their any parts i could be missing from the kit? he sais he thinks he can fabricate some but their shouldn't need to be any need for fabrication... does anyone know what the hell my tuner is talking about..
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gallas
Ok now to another problem i bought those Precision 780s from l888apex. now my tuner is calling me saying that they are to short im assuming. that their must be a space for them or something to connect to the fuel rail. is their any parts i could be missing from the kit? he sais he thinks he can fabricate some but their shouldn't need to be any need for fabrication... does anyone know what the hell my tuner is talking about..
Should be easy, just make sure both the o-ring on top(going to rail) is there and also lower seal(going to intake). Maybe your tuner dropped the black plastic spacers from the rail to the intake??
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4RETECH
Should be easy, just make sure both the o-ring on top(going to rail) is there and also lower seal(going to intake). Maybe your tuner dropped the black plastic spacers from the rail to the intake??
ok i stopped by and looked at what the hell he was talking about. looks like he didnt even take the fuel rail off just compared the new injector to a old dsm one he had. and it is slightly taller. he was trying to say it would make the fuel rail sit to high and have to put a thicker spacer between the rail and the manifold where it bolts... hes a scuby tuner.. lol i dont think theirs a problem
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leave the stock injectors alone, there's no need whatsoever with your setup to change them. Spend your money on something more worthwhile like some fuzzy dice.