Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Injector hell.. is stock fine...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Injector hell.. is stock fine...

Ok well to sum up my story i ordered a set of 750cc injectors. took them over 2 months to ship them. I dropped my car off to get the injectors installed earlier today and have them tuned in. only to receive a call saying they do not fit about 10 min ago. now i need to decide if i should order another set and wait... or get a tune with stock injectors. my tuner sais i definitely need bigger injectors but from my research i dont think i need them. can you guys give me your thoughts, i need to call him back soon... grr im so pissed off, these injectors have been nothing but total and complete hell..

I dont feel like reposting my entire set up...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3081798/1
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
I have some 780's for sale

and yes you're definitely gonna need to upgrade your injectors with those mods
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l888apex
I have some 780's for sale

and yes you're definitely gonna need to upgrade your injectors with those mods
how much, just in case lol
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by gallas
how much, just in case lol
$180 shipped and they will be at ups tomorrow morning(if you need them that is)
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Unless you upgraded to a larger turbo or are running e85 on the stock turbo, the oem injectors are suitable. Yes, larger ones would give more room for adjustments and tapping it out, but honestly i think you should have spent money on an intercooler because if you are turning up the boost without decreasing air temps you are asking for engine knock.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You do need injectors.

Tons of people have them used here.

Good luck to you.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo unknown
Unless you upgraded to a larger turbo or are running e85 on the stock turbo, the oem injectors are suitable. Yes, larger ones would give more room for adjustments and tapping it out, but honestly i think you should have spent money on an intercooler because if you are turning up the boost without decreasing air temps you are asking for engine knock.
considering its below or around zero most the year, cold air hasn't really been an issue. i spend the summers out of state working every year. but yes i plan on a intercooler upgrade once i decide what turbo kit i want later down the road. the set up i posted is what im going to have it tuned for and leave it for awhile.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

$180 shipped and they will be at ups tomorrow morning(if you need them that is)
if they are ball, then i will take them. 99654 mite want to check and see if 180 is with shipping still. i live in alaska. i need them asap.. I had a boost pill installed at the same time as the tune, so my car is out of commission until i get injectors. would like to see about overnight or 2day

Last edited by gallas; Aug 25, 2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

thanks everyone for a quick response
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:09 PM
EvoM Guru

if they are ball, then i will take them. 99654 mite want to check and see if 180 is with shipping still. i live in alaska. i need them asap.. I had a boost pill installed at the same time as the tune, so my car is out of commission until i get injectors. would like to see about overnight or 2day
ygpm
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

considering its below or around zero most the year, cold air hasn't really been an issue. i spend the summers out of state working every year. but yes i plan on a intercooler upgrade once i decide what turbo kit i want later down the road. the set up i posted is what im going to have it tuned for and leave it for awhile.
Haha i did not see you are located in alaska.
I must be missing something about your goals for the car or something because injectors are not needing to be upgraded however, other people's input says they do.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:15 PM
EvoM Guru

I must be missing something about your goals for the car or something because injectors are not needing to be upgraded however, other people's input says they do.
a friend of mine here in socal had similiar mods to the OP BUT WITHOUT cams and the dump and his IDC on OEM injectors was somewhere in the 90 percentile so I think it would be better to be safe than sorry
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
If you want some honest advice I would appreciate it if you took a couple of minutes and listed your mods. I looked on your car domain page briefly and from what I saw, it doesnt appear like you need to upgrade your injectors. So how about your give us your full mods list along with your fuel of choice and we will go from there
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

see from what i have read on injectors is that stock would be fine for my set up, but was told by my tuner i would top them out if i used stock and i should upgrade to get full potential of my car. im just trying to avoid paying for two tunes because the first one was toping out the injectors...
Old Aug 25, 2010, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

a friend of mine here in socal had similiar mods to the OP BUT WITHOUT cams and the dump and his IDC on OEM injectors was somewhere in the 90 percentile so I think it would be better to be safe than sorry
yeah see, if it is going to raise the IDC past 80% i want to upgrade.